PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate

Blessed
06-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Does your heart rate stay high when your hot or The weathers really hot when you're outside?

Enduronman
06-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Yes. Ice water will lower your core body temperature and also in turn lower your heart rate. AC is always nice but if it isn't available then iced water is probably best and easiest to get..

Blessed
06-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Many thanks :)

krayziee
06-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Its also when im in the shower my heart rate is faster so sounds logical.

nf1234
06-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Yes whenever I sit outside in the sun, even if im just sitting there, my heart rate increases. In the shower also.

Cobra
06-16-2013, 08:47 PM
So true. I try my hardest not to check my hr. it does feed into the anxiety. I do have a problem, though, in that I can feel my heart beating when I lie down. Today, trying to nap, it just kept thumping and thumping. Seemed fast, so I checked it and it was 84. Totally normal. Wanted to smack myself for giving in. Dumb!

anthonyjbro760
06-16-2013, 08:54 PM
When lying down 65-85 depending my anxiety level

anthonyjbro760
06-16-2013, 08:55 PM
And I live in the desert so when I'm out side can shoot into the 90-100s

Judie
06-16-2013, 09:03 PM
So true. I try my hardest not to check my hr. it does feed into the anxiety. I do have a problem, though, in that I can feel my heart beating when I lie down. Today, trying to nap, it just kept thumping and thumping. Seemed fast, so I checked it and it was 84. Totally normal. Wanted to smack myself for giving in. Dumb!

Hahaha Good for you, it's the thought that counts. You are aware and you are trying ! Good for you !

Judie
06-16-2013, 09:04 PM
The big question that should come to mind is why the hell do you all know what it is a all these times .

Have you stopped to think that it is anxiety that's making you check it and this is in turn feeding more addictive behavior and more anxiety .

If you want to recover you treat the anxiety and not the symptoms .

Most of anxiety recovery is all about breaking bad habits with new better calmer ,self reassuring ones

100% in agreement !

Judie
06-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Does your heart rate stay high when your hot or The weathers really hot when you're outside?

At the core of Anxiety Disorder and the core of your brain is your Hypothalamus Gland ( this is responsible for regulating body temperature ) With Anxiety this goes a bit askew ( like everything in the flight or fright response ) Meaning high temperatures or low temperatures may effect Anxiety Sufferers. Keep yourself cool in heat and warm in cold ( it really is that simple) When my anxiety acts up I will have rigors ( uncontrollable shakes ) and my body temperature goes down to 94 degrees.....just work with it. Wrap yourself up or cool yourself down :) This is your nervous system in overdrive, nothing more, nothing less! Be Well ! How's the monitor going ? So far so good ?

Blessed
06-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks!!!! I am so PROUD of my self!!! I DELETED the heart rate checker app from my phone!!!!! May sound juvenile but a huge step for me!!!! My ECG monitor is going as well as can be expected. Since wearing I have learned a few things.... If I take it off, my heart palps and weird feelings don't show up as much, when I'm OCCUPIED I don't notice them as much, and the leads are making sores on my skin which is painful and annoying so I try to move them. I'm finishing this week out then turning it in. By then I should have atleast 100 readings thanks :)

Enduronman
06-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Success!! Congrats Blessed! :)