PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day.

Anxious Abi
06-15-2013, 08:10 AM
It's coming up to Father's day tomorrow, it's making me feel a little anxious and uneasy. My relationship with my Dad has been a bit of a roller coaster to say the least, I have no idea how to interact with him. I have no idea why, well I do, but I don't know why i'm letting it bother me so much today.
I've noticed i'm doing it again as well, looking for approval from older men, being a little over friendly if you know what I mean.
Wish I could contact my old counselor, talk about it. I feel like things have affected me too much in ways I don't understand, I need to get over my issues or at least learn to manage them.
Feeling frustrated and upset with myself.

Enduronman
06-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Stop kickin yerself around and let go of whatever past memories or thoughts that you may be carrying around with you because tomorrow is a New Day, so treat it like one Abi! Each New Day is an opportunity for a fresh start, to create a New Memory to replace the old ones that plague us...

So, just say Happy Fathers Day Dad!

E-Man. :)

Anxious Abi
06-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Thank you E-Man, always know what to say to make everyone feel a little better don't ya?
Really appreciate it.
Abi

Enduronman
06-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Well, I guess I never really looked at it like that but after 45 years in the same world as everyone here I kinda learned some things along the way friend! So smile, laugh, and enjoy this day and the next too!...YAY!! :D

E-Man..

Anxious Abi
06-15-2013, 08:47 AM
A gift is what I would call it.
Will try my best to enjoy all the days, not sure how to let go sometimes though, seems no matter how many little steps I take to move on with my life, it still affects the way I live it.

Enduronman
06-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Well Abi, let me share a little trick that I learned with you. Each day is filled with ups, downs, sideways, bent, twisted, distorted, and sometimes contorted thoughts, events, circumstances, issues. (wow, I'm breatheless now!)...

Let go of, delete, discard, forget about the ones that you don't find all that appealing or pleasing and carry the good thoughts and experiences into the following New Day.

Yesterday has gone, the past has been done, toss it aside and create new fond memories.

There's some new hints to help you walk along with your little steps...

Pretty soon you'll be running again!

Now, think of something fun that you'd like to do today, no matter how small that may be..and do it!

E-Man. :)

Anxious Abi
06-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Something fun, will do!
I probably don't need to say it again, but thank you for all the advice.
They should create an E-Man app or something that you can consult when ever you feel you need to. I would totally pay for that!
Abi
:D