PDA

View Full Version : Cant go far from home

gaza514
06-15-2013, 02:04 AM
I used to not be able to wall to the corner, now I can walk pretty far, i started going into stores near the house like people on here told me. I just freak out when i try to drive more than 3 miles away. It's like something clicks in my body at the 3rd mile. Once i can do this I think I'll be healed. I went from 24 7 always panic mental thoughts all the time seeing static and stuff. I went from 24 hours freaking oit a day to to 10 houra to 8 hours down to like 5 minutes now . I think my body has healed alot , it's been a year this month. Any advice on how to trust myself to just drive far and go out n eat ?

GeneralWorrier
06-15-2013, 03:28 AM
I used to not be able to wall to the corner, now I can walk pretty far, i started going into stores near the house like people on here told me. I just freak out when i try to drive more than 3 miles away. It's like something clicks in my body at the 3rd mile. Once i can do this I think I'll be healed. I went from 24 7 always panic mental thoughts all the time seeing static and stuff. I went from 24 hours freaking oit a day to to 10 houra to 8 hours down to like 5 minutes now . I think my body has healed alot , it's been a year this month. Any advice on how to trust myself to just drive far and go out n eat ?

Hey,

It might sound silly but when I couldn't go very far I used to walk until I started to panic then I'd take 5 massive steps and stop. I'd wait there for a while and then I'd think "well this isn't such a big deal" and every time I went out I'd get a little further and a little further everyday. What I'm trying to imply is maybe when you get to the third mile drive a little further and find somewhere to park up and sit for a few minutes, if you're still panicking then no problem turn back but at least you got further and had a go. Then the next time park up again and so on until you feel like you can go a little further and repeat what you've been doing. It's only a suggestion but every little helps I guess, all the best :)

Enduronman
06-15-2013, 08:28 AM
It sounds like a fear of getting to far away from your safe zone or maybe you're subconciously thinking that there's a potential that you may get stranded somehow. Maybe just communicate with a friend or family member prior to your planned trip regardless of how far this trip is and ask them if they'll be ready to come and get you on a moments notice if they're needed and include all details of your travels to them in advance?...You have made huge strides and this is awesome! Just keep "refining" why you think you struggle with distance from home and share these thoughts with those that wish to see you succeed too. Then drive 10 miles and have fun!

Just some thoughts..

E-Man.