PDA

View Full Version : Trying to cope!!!

laurentellez
06-13-2013, 11:13 PM
So this anxiety is starting to freak me out. I was okay until I felt my lip go numb for a few seconds. Idk why??? Then panic started from then on. Came home sat on couch, started feeling pulse through out my body.. I felt the need to walk.. But was lightheaded. But I walked anyways. Paced the floors, cleaned bathroom As I felt weird... .. Sat down, then layed down. I was back to normal. But not to my normal self. Just wanted to be left alone still. Took half of a benadryl to kind of take the edge off. Then I was ok... What's going on with me... I hope someone has felt the same...

geglilsis
06-13-2013, 11:42 PM
I feel the same way a lot.. Almost everyday it is hard, try listening to hypnoses, if you have a smart phone they are free one of my favorite is called sleep/relax puts me to sleep in like five minutes I never hear the whole thing. It's all about breathing relaxing and changing your thoughts to something positive praying helps me too, or singing anything to get the devil nerves out!

Applecherry
06-14-2013, 01:16 AM
So this anxiety is starting to freak me out. I was okay until I felt my lip go numb for a few seconds. Idk why??? Then panic started from then on. Came home sat on couch, started feeling pulse through out my body.. I felt the need to walk.. But was lightheaded. But I walked anyways. Paced the floors, cleaned bathroom As I felt weird... .. Sat down, then layed down. I was back to normal. But not to my normal self. Just wanted to be left alone still. Took half of a benadryl to kind of take the edge off. Then I was ok... What's going on with me... I hope someone has felt the same...

Anxiety doesn't usually hold a grip on you for no reason. There is always a reason. You just have to figure out what it is. Something is stressing you out in life at the moment. it's allowing anxiety to take over. I know this is my problem right now. I'm VERY stressed about a ton of things going on in my life right now. I can't fix them all over night.. so best I do as I am dealing with the constant attacks is to find ways to relax. and taking my medication helps.

but really, it's not the attacks that are your problem, it's the circumstances in your life that are causing the attacks that are the problem.

Enduronman
06-14-2013, 02:51 AM
Your diet is all jacked up, or doesn't exist at all...You've gotta get these "food" issues under control or you're going to feel like this for eternity.

E-Man.

geglilsis
06-14-2013, 08:05 AM
I know I had my PTSD totally under control suffered for seven years then free for one year, all because of a terrible car accident. Got in a simple fender bender, trying to buy a house, raise a smart mouth 16 yr old, work and my car broke down all this month. My anxiety is out of control. I have no husband, no family support even my son thinks I'm crazy because I'm sick all the time, it's jail from enjoying life and one all factor flared it up all over again. I start therapy for PTSD in two weeks. Soonest they could get me in, do not take meds, pretty lucky because I have to take Prilosec for heartburn right now and anti anxiety pills and heartburn meds do not mix, can't even take the Valium when I have a attack. I really can't wait for the day I look back and say " wow my body can do some crazy things"

Enduronman
06-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Hey Geglilisisssiss,

Life is pretty much the same here friend. When one thing happens, another thing happens. I won't go into details but I can also understand the smartass teenager thing too! I raised two girls (essshhh lord help me waaa!!)

Do you have any other options for getting this anxiety calmed down other then the valium? What about switching up the GERD meds for something that doesn't counteract with the valium?

Maybe do a quick search online and see which one is safer for use or just call your local pharmacist and see what they think?

E-Man..

laurentellez
06-14-2013, 10:13 PM
I lost my apartment, my car broke down and we are staying with friends in a 2 bedroom. With 4 people in 1room... Kids are constantly fighting because they are so confined.. Omg on top of that the people that we live with are constantly fighting. So stressful.. :#:( so tired of feeling this way

geglilsis
06-14-2013, 10:31 PM
When it rains it really poors :( not sure why this was given to me but I sure am looking forward to recovery...

geglilsis
06-14-2013, 10:33 PM
I guess you can take Valium with the GERD meds i also have HYDO s for pain I may try a half of one for pain. I'm do sensitive to drugs

geglilsis
06-14-2013, 10:34 PM
So' sensitive