PDA

View Full Version : Zoloft benadryl PLEASE READ

amy09
06-12-2013, 07:50 PM
hey guys quick question I'm on 25 mg of Zoloft and tonight I took Benadryl because of my allergies. Does anyone know If this is safe? I would search the Internet but I stopped doing that cuz that increased my anxiety. Sooo if anyone knows anything let me know please!
I'm 22 no allergies, no high blood pressure or cholesterol. Medicines I take is Zoloft 25 mg ( I'm in the weaning process) after taking the medicine for 6 months.
Thanks guys!

trinidiva
06-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Hey! I checked the drug interaction list at drugs.com and there is not a major interaction between those two....just moderate interaction, meaning it could cause s bit of increased dizziness and they don't recommend driving while taking the two.

jessed03
06-13-2013, 07:15 AM
Totally safe yeah! Thank goodness as hay fever AND anxiety would really suck!!!

Like trini said, try to avoid driving though :)

amy09
06-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Trini! Hey girl long time no talk! How are you doing?!

Thank you so much guys! I'm feeling a little drowsy but yes I won't drive!

shaikhrahuf
06-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Amy benadryl is a cough syrup.. is u got cold and dry throat its ok or else it will cause dizziness to u, yes not interaction between the meds but it hs these side effects..

Saldav
06-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Benadryl is not a cough syrup! Benadryl is used to temporarily relieve symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies. It's active ingredient is diphenhydramine HCI..........Antihistamine.

I use benadryl to help me sleep when my anxiety kicks in, it really works.

You mentioned you take benadryl for allergies, but a few sentences down you say you have no allergies. Benadryl is a over the counter drug, it shouldn't have any side effect with other pills other than feeling sleepy.

amy09
06-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Well I said I have no known allergies meaning I'm not allergic to any drugs that I know of.
I think I have the common flu because I'm coughing way worse. Might need to see the doctor tomorrow.
I'm weaning off Zoloft so hopefully not weird side effects!
Thanks y'all for the comments :)
Have a great day!

u4ea
06-13-2013, 10:41 AM
I hear that - I have allergies AND anxiety too......no fun!

amy09
06-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Haha yeah living in Texas we have one day burning Hott to freezing cold the next day. Love the bi polar weather here haha.
How do you deal with your anxiety?

laurentellez
06-15-2013, 02:16 AM
I am a Texas too.. And yes bi polar weather I agree!!! Allergies are the worst