PDA

View Full Version : ?

MrsJ88
06-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Anyone feel like their breathing is different and chest feels odd while laying down flat?

Blessed
06-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Every night! I had a breast augmentation 3 years ago so I try to blame that but sometimes I wonder cause I'm always on edge when I lay down in bed. Anxiety is the worst tgen

MrsJ88
06-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah I've been noticing when I'm laying flat on my back my chest absolutely doesn't feel good at all so I have to lay on a soft surface or on my side or stomach. It's weird.

MrsJ88
06-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Ugh my mom took my infant son for a few hours and my husband and I have some time to ourselves and I feel a panic attack coming! Ugh, why?!

frankzito
06-12-2013, 08:57 PM
I too have to sleep on my stomach now. I hold my breath when on my back, screws my breathing up. I'm sure once sleeping it wouldn't make much difference. I do this, holding my breath while awake too, watching tv and other things.

Cobra
06-12-2013, 11:20 PM
I tend to sit hunched forward and tense my chest and stomach muscles, so all day long I have sharp pains in my chest from sore muscles, especially at night when I try to relax. Feels weird and kind of twitchy, too, like little frogs are jumping around inside my chest. Hate it. Makes the anxiety worse.

Shepard
06-12-2013, 11:25 PM
I get this as well.

I believe it's due to tight muscles due to frequent anxiety. If you deliberately tighten up your chest and lay down flat you might feel the same sensation, when the muscles are tight they feel heavier. Since your anxious mind is aware of the heavier feeling, it tricks you into thinking you can't breathe.