PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is exhausting

mw0929
06-12-2013, 10:00 AM
I find that even after a minor panic attack, I'm immediately exhausted. Anyone else get really tired and weak after an attack? At one point I thought I was diabetic or anemic but both have been ruled out.

em1
06-12-2013, 10:13 AM
I find that even after a minor panic attack, I'm immediately exhausted. Anyone else get really tired and weak after an attack? At one point I thought I was diabetic or anemic but both have been ruled out.

Yes I Completely feel the same way :)

ramman1505
06-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Has anyone else ever experienced chills and cold sweats when working out in the heat with anxiety? Lately I feel like I can't even go outside and do anything because of it. I also will get lightheaded. It almost feels like when you have the flu and try to do anything. This is so exhausting.

locksey
06-12-2013, 11:02 AM

Yes, I get really tired aswel... App because yr body gas gone into overdrive so needs to rest up after :-)

geglilsis
06-13-2013, 09:14 AM
I downloaded free hypnosis and PTSD apps for sleep and anxiety! They work wonders when you wake up in the middle of the night really calms you down! I seem to struggle every day all day I feel like my nerves are taking control, sick to my stomach and dizzy I feel like I'm gonna pass out and no one is gonna be there to save me. Sometimes I get to the point where I'm scared to take a shower or go to the bathroom and lock the door. If anyone has suggestions on the day to day please let me know. My anxiety started about six yrs ago after a car accident and at first it just effected me when driving, as time went on the panic is all day at work sometime ill be sitting with customers and I just wanna run and hide! I try to tell myself, relax breath, nothing has ever happened.

geglilsis
06-13-2013, 09:14 AM
I feel tired constantly all day because I feel the attack lasts all day

em1
06-13-2013, 09:18 AM

I know that feeling :(

locksey
06-13-2013, 09:53 AM

It's because u have an attack then b4 if completly goes yr prob goin into another one ... I had this b4 where I was literally in a panic attack all day

geglilsis
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
It's is the worst feeling ever! I just want to enjoy my life and have fun like I used to

em1
06-13-2013, 11:08 AM
It's is the worst feeling ever! I just want to enjoy my life and have fun like I used to

Yes I hear what your saying I feel the same to x

ramman1505
06-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Walking around with a heavy lightheaded feeling and chest discomfort all day is really hard to deal with.

geglilsis
06-13-2013, 09:28 PM
I have horrible chest pain today I feel like I need to go to ER it's like something is stuck in my throat/ chest hurts its scary

Applecherry
06-14-2013, 12:32 AM
Has anyone else ever experienced chills and cold sweats when working out in the heat with anxiety? Lately I feel like I can't even go outside and do anything because of it. I also will get lightheaded. It almost feels like when you have the flu and try to do anything. This is so exhausting.

Chills are usually caused by a drastic temperature change, like quickly going from hot to cold. Were you in a house or building that was air conditioned and you went out into the heat? That can happen sometimes. Also, I know when I come inside from going out on a long walk on a hot day, my sweat (as it "dries" on my skin) will cause me chills as I cool off in the house.

You probably shouldn't work out in intense heat anyway, that's not too safe. Your body may not like it, and is trying to tell you that with the chills and light headedness.

mw0929
06-19-2013, 10:35 AM
It's like you get tired from anxiety and the very state of being tired makes the anxiety worse. It's a never ending circle.

Dcoito
06-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Creating the full circle is what causes panic! It only starts out as anxiety, and WILL end up in panic if you let it! Don't complete the circle! Replace the non stopping negative thoughts with better ones! Say your chest hurts. Say to yourself oh its just that stupid adrenaline running around again! Making my chest feel all crappy! Then start saying things like, at least I know what it is, and that it won't hurt me! I will be fine! And breath slowly through your nose! Shut the door on all your negative thoughts! I will even make a slamming sound in my head to say enough! As I calm down, I fill my head with positive thoughts! Takes some practice but the Maine thing is not to let it go into a full circle!

Good luck to you!

KNOW YOUR ANXIETY BEFORE YOU CAN DEFEAT IT!

DodgingRain
06-19-2013, 02:58 PM
I can be exhausted for a couple days sometimes.

calimel
06-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Yes it is. I don't remember the last time I felt truly rested.

JennJenn
06-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Creating the full circle is what causes panic! It only starts out as anxiety, and WILL end up in panic if you let it! Don't complete the circle! Replace the non stopping negative thoughts with better ones! Say your chest hurts. Say to yourself oh its just that stupid adrenaline running around again! Making my chest feel all crappy! Then start saying things like, at least I know what it is, and that it won't hurt me! I will be fine! And breath slowly through your nose! Shut the door on all your negative thoughts! I will even make a slamming sound in my head to say enough! As I calm down, I fill my head with positive thoughts! Takes some practice but the Maine thing is not to let it go into a full circle!

Good luck to you!

KNOW YOUR ANXIETY BEFORE YOU CAN DEFEAT IT!

Hey there Dcoito, This is Jenn I wanted to say that I try to do the positive thinking and changing the way I think but this time its like it is not working for me. I feel I may be doing it all wrong. I had a bout of anxiety In May that kicked my butt and I literally changed the way I though and it helped so much. I only could watch positive stuff on tv (no news) and listen to more upbeat positive music. Closed myself completely away from as much negative as I could and it really helped. This bout of anxiety seems to be different. its like all those things annoy me. What do you do when something stops working?