PDA

View Full Version : Memories

Blessed
06-11-2013, 04:51 PM
It's been 2 years to the day since my first anxiety attack!!! So ready to put this behind me. I've noticed that any " place" or "location" that an anxiety attack occurred, I'm so worried or stressed that another one will occur there that I some how subconsciously bring one on anyway.... How do you get these thoughts and memories to go away????

Surfside
06-11-2013, 08:15 PM
I've noticed that any " place" or "location" that an anxiety attack occurred, I'm so worried or stressed that another one will occur there that I some how subconsciously bring one on anyway.... How do you get these thoughts and memories to go away????Yes indeed, that sounds pretty common. In fact, being triggered by the place where the attack(s) occurred is not abnormal.

I myself was forced up until the last year or so to spend every day at the location of where my first attack occurred. It did start to fade and I was able to stop associating that location with the attacks.

Being aware of your surroundings isn't really a bad thing so to speak imo though.

I'd bet, just about everyone remembers where they had their first attack.

Olive723
06-12-2013, 01:09 AM
I used to always have attacks in my car while it was still parked in my driveway. I started to associate my car with panic attacks to the point I stopped driving anywhere outside of a 1 mile radius of my home. After almost 10 years of not driving on freeways I finally am able to drive comfortably with out white knuckling the wheel.