PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains

Blessed
06-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Shooting pain in chest? Center of chest ? Had It off and on for two days? Can chest pain be anxiety?

MrsJ88
06-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Yes, chest pain can be a symptom of anxiety.

Bam77
06-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Yes it can. It can also be indigestion, heartburn etc. I went to the ER with this 2 months ago. That's what it was.

Blessed
06-11-2013, 04:29 PM
It's like a piercing feeling either in center of chest or behind each of my breasts. ? Still normal?

Bam77
06-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Mine was more of a pressure/pain in the center. I know my wife can get it so bad that she thinks its a heart issue.

Blessed
06-11-2013, 04:47 PM
So how do u get it to stop. I guess stop thinking about it :) !????? It don't last long but is concerning

Surfside
06-11-2013, 08:23 PM
I would've sworn it was a heart issue also when on a couple of occasions myself. I went once to the ER and nothing was abnormal in the tests they did. It was chalked up to and anxiety attack. I learned to ignore the chest pains and pray they go away. Its can be confusing, because, we are taught to listen to our symptoms and seek medical advise as it could be something serious. LUCKILY, each time I've gotten the chest pain, it has always gone away. I did follow through with my doctor each time.

Yeah, just have to stop thinking about it really.

leetbulldog
06-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Same here had on an off chest pain.. Scary! but im still here!! Lol

Olive723
06-12-2013, 01:03 AM
I get heartburn so bad sometimes I have to get up and pace in the hall until I'm too tired to keep going. I used to get the pressure in my chest when I felt anxious now I just hold my breath or take shallow breaths when I'm in full blown panic attack. Ugh!

missmello
06-12-2013, 04:06 AM
I'm getting chest heaviness off and on, its usually at night too. I'm getting a holter monitor this morning, wearing it for 24hrs. I don't think its anything but anxiety but my doctor ordered it so I may as well just do it. The feeling is very unnerving though. Sometimes feel like I have trouble breathing along with it, and when I can't stand it anymore I take an anxiety pill and it goes away once the med starts working. So its gotta be anxiety.

Blessed
06-12-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm getting chest heaviness off and on, its usually at night too. I'm getting a holter monitor this morning, wearing it for 24hrs. I don't think its anything but anxiety but my doctor ordered it so I may as well just do it. The feeling is very unnerving though. Sometimes feel like I have trouble breathing along with it, and when I can't stand it anymore I take an anxiety pill and it goes away once the med starts working. So its gotta be anxiety.

Have you got your monitor yet? Is it automatic or do you have to press a button when you feel something strange? I've had mine for two weeks and i have done 60 recordings, missing only about ten or so..., I hope you get a good report

missmello
06-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Hi Blessed,

I got mine this morning. It's automatic, no buttons to press. I have to keep a "diary" of everything I do throughout the day, and write down the time and if I feel any symptoms. Tomorrow morning I get to take it off at 8am and drop it off at my doctors. I really doubt they will find anything, which I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse lol.

Sounds like you are about half way done with yours, that's great, you're almost there! Hope you get good results, I'm sure you will! Nothing to worry about except for worry lol

geglilsis
06-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Any of you ever feel like you have something stuck in your chest? Lasting for hours? All day today.....

laurentellez
06-15-2013, 02:09 AM
I feel like I have air bubbles all day in my chest. One of the most scariest things. Feels like a big air bubble in throat

MrsJ88
06-16-2013, 06:42 AM
I get sharp, stabbing like pains that are very brief then go away. Scares the crap out of me.

pookieness
06-17-2013, 11:47 PM
I get pains and palpitations almost daily they scare me so bad that I almost pass out.