PDA

View Full Version : Breathing :*

GamefreakO
06-10-2013, 04:55 PM
While Im on the way to college I put earphones up. Sometimes i realize Im breathing louder so I have to pluck an earphone out. And when I feel like yawning it gets worse, holding them yawns inside me is very hard haha so I pluck an ear out to ensure i dont cause a voice. My breathing while im on the bus just gets abit difficult when Im very anxious or not "talking". Same goes when im walking about alone doing chores with noone chatting to me. I cant even study without company. I live in a new space so I dont have many mates because my interests are completely different. Is that my habbits or is it just a problem caused by my anxiety symptoms that aggravates while I have my mouth shut? Maybe the anxiety is only temporary and exists when I am isolated? Or is it going to stay their as a chronic germ inside my brain and I shall keep talking when I dont want my breathing to get dull? When Im not able to breath right, it simply is depressing. It also maybe there due to some physical disorders i have such as synus and my nose's bone is abit rigid so it causes abit of trouble breathing at nights. Im totally confused. Ive been to the gp for so many things i just feel embarrased of myself to be going to m with another problem now. Usually all that i get told is that im anxoius so that means I shall just stay with this and not bother my gp I guess?

kelliesean
06-10-2013, 06:39 PM
While Im on the way to college I put earphones up. Sometimes i realize Im breathing louder so I have to pluck an earphone out. And when I feel like yawning it gets worse, holding them yawns inside me is very hard haha so I pluck an ear out to ensure i dont cause a voice. My breathing while im on the bus just gets abit difficult when Im very anxious or not "talking". Same goes when im walking about alone doing chores with noone chatting to me. I cant even study without company. I live in a new space so I dont have many mates because my interests are completely different. Is that my habbits or is it just a problem caused by my anxiety symptoms that aggravates while I have my mouth shut? Maybe the anxiety is only temporary and exists when I am isolated? Or is it going to stay their as a chronic germ inside my brain and I shall keep talking when I dont want my breathing to get dull? When Im not able to breath right, it simply is depressing. It also maybe there due to some physical disorders i have such as synus and my nose's bone is abit rigid so it causes abit of trouble breathing at nights. Im totally confused. Ive been to the gp for so many things i just feel embarrased of myself to be going to m with another problem now. Usually all that i get told is that im anxoius so that means I shall just stay with this and not bother my gp I guess?

Have you ever tried therapy? And or medication?

kelliesean
06-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Well.. I just read your profile.. So I suspect that you have not tried meds or therapy yet since you say you have just recently been told you may have anxiety.

I would agree.. It does sound exactly like anxiety.

I myself have been suffering w anxiety hard core off and on since I'm 14 yrs old (and really looking back I believe. I was dealing w it at an even earlier stage too!) in now 36

But I always figured it was simply "mind over matter".. And that I had to find the strength to get over it.. But that didn't happen. Instead I ha a break down. And at that pt I had to see a professional..

Like you- I had obsessions with my breathing.. Always yawning.. Trying to catch a deep breathe always.. And watching my breathing., and really very convinced that my breathing would surely stop, and I would die., or that I had terrible I diagnosed asthma.. Smh..

But finally when I met my dr.. Who I will say saved my life.. He convinced me to give meds a try while he counseled me in therapy sessions.. I can not tell you how much Zoloft improved my life a few short months later.. I was a new person.. Not different mind you per se.. But I could breathe.. My thoughts were flowing.. I had an inner peace.. I tht about the weather.. My shoes. The grass FINALLY I wasn't thinking about my breath..

Hopefully this makes you feel like u aren't alone.. And hopefully it inspires you to seek help :).. To be happy..

GamefreakO
06-11-2013, 03:20 AM
Well.. I just read your profile.. So I suspect that you have not tried meds or therapy yet since you say you have just recently been told you may have anxiety.

I would agree.. It does sound exactly like anxiety.

I myself have been suffering w anxiety hard core off and on since I'm 14 yrs old (and really looking back I believe. I was dealing w it at an even earlier stage too!) in now 36

But I always figured it was simply "mind over matter".. And that I had to find the strength to get over it.. But that didn't happen. Instead I ha a break down. And at that pt I had to see a professional..

Like you- I had obsessions with my breathing.. Always yawning.. Trying to catch a deep breathe always.. And watching my breathing., and really very convinced that my breathing would surely stop, and I would die., or that I had terrible I diagnosed asthma.. Smh..

But finally when I met my dr.. Who I will say saved my life.. He convinced me to give meds a try while he counseled me in therapy sessions.. I can not tell you how much Zoloft improved my life a few short months later.. I was a new person.. Not different mind you per se.. But I could breathe.. My thoughts were flowing.. I had an inner peace.. I tht about the weather.. My shoes. The grass FINALLY I wasn't thinking about my breath..

Hopefully this makes you feel like u aren't alone.. And hopefully it inspires you to seek help :).. To be happy..
Wow, I might actually ask my gp for that but idk how to convince m on it since Im so anxious i never explain the right thingg in the right way lol.. btw i did rrcieve a nose spray i used to use at night which did give me relief but when i stopped my breathing problem worsened therefore i decided not to use it orelse it gona be a bad habbit. Ill actually research more about zoloft and loft it into my barracks this summer =D thanks very much i see light at the end of this tunnel because what after effects you described are exactly what i miss :))

GamefreakO
06-11-2013, 03:21 AM
When im on the football field im dealing with my breathing and not smelling the grass at all. I dont remember when did i last smell grass

GamefreakO
06-11-2013, 03:24 AM
It definitely is mind over matter but needs someone more convincing to help,everybody cant do it i believe.. my mom tried and she helped alot but didnt work for me since shes not that convincing to me, she never manages to say things in a manner that they would inspire you or make you understand them from a root hence leaving me in further confusion

kelliesean
06-11-2013, 05:47 AM
Yes.. I guess which ever direction we decide to take there is a catalyst :)... And something that drives is and a turning point.

I dunno. I certainly don't want to sound like I'm all pro meds and that's it :).. I'm sure people have success stories NOT using drugs..

But I was so so SO insanely miserable and anxiety riddled for so long... The effects were literally crippling.. That when I decided to take the meds (and btw I felt like such a failure for taking them.. I felt like it was wrong to take them).. And my life changed so much for the better.., I just feel like there's no reason NOT to take the meds when the pros greatly outweigh the cons.

So every time I hear people suffering so greatly.. I think "I have to!! Try meds! You will feel so much better!" Lol :-)

GamefreakO
06-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Yes.. I guess which ever direction we decide to take there is a catalyst :)... And something that drives is and a turning point.

I dunno. I certainly don't want to sound like I'm all pro meds and that's it :).. I'm sure people have success stories NOT using drugs..

But I was so so SO insanely miserable and anxiety riddled for so long... The effects were literally crippling.. That when I decided to take the meds (and btw I felt like such a failure for taking them.. I felt like it was wrong to take them).. And my life changed so much for the better.., I just feel like there's no reason NOT to take the meds when the pros greatly outweigh the cons.

So every time I hear people suffering so greatly.. I think "I have to!! Try meds! You will feel so much better!" Lol :-)

Taking meds doesnt mean youre a failure, think smart. I bet everyone takes some or the other medicine at some point of their lives. Everyone doesnt like mentioning about their flaws though. Everyone has different flaws. Some take vitamin D supplements, some take vitamin C, some cure arthritis while some deal with most of the problems and they are still living. Nobody was created to be perfect or flawless. Everyone has a deficiency and they try and cover it up using different ways so that they are nearly perfect if not perfect. Different ways refer to taking meds supplements excersices diets and many things we might not have come across. I have so many complaints with myself but sometimes when I look at other people, my heart simply melts telling me to be grateful for what I have =(

kelliesean
06-11-2013, 06:16 PM
I hear ya..

GamefreakO
06-12-2013, 01:28 AM
I hear ya..

I hope you did understand that context. I write so long and confused paragraphs haha:P explaining something to someone is the biggest challenge of my life, when ive learnt this i would be proud of myself :P

kelliesean
06-12-2013, 05:32 AM
I hope you did understand that context. I write so long and confused paragraphs haha:P explaining something to someone is the biggest challenge of my life, when ive learnt this i would be proud of myself :P

I did understand :-) absolutely.. You were perfectly clear.

kelliesean
06-12-2013, 05:32 AM

I did understand :-) you were perfectly clear :)

GamefreakO
06-12-2013, 10:53 AM
I did understand :-) you were perfectly clear :)

Thanks by the way =)