PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack :(

sharacel91
06-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Was doing well but this evening I haven't felt great and my anxiety feels awful tonight I've got in to bed and started panicking but my partner has noticed it as I keep quite!! My chest hurts when I take deep breaths and I feel shakey what's wrong with me??

temperancebrennan
06-10-2013, 04:31 PM
What have you tried to calm yourself.
A few things can work for me, maybe they will help you too.
If I don't have any medication with me, I think a mug of Horlicks or camomile tea helps me relax.
I also try something repetitive to take my mind off the symptoms such as playing solitaire or mah jong on my phone.
Another thing that helps me at night times is to listen to a relaxation tape. There are apps for them & some good ones on YouTube.
Hope you feel better. X

kelliesean
06-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Many times I try and meditate.. But if I become completely overwhelmed I might watch a comedy on TV.. And last resort for me is to pop a Xanax..

frankzito
06-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Keeping yourself occupied is what i do when mine is bad. But lately, laying down is helping, which didn't work before. Xanax if you have them
:) sorry

j2005
06-10-2013, 08:10 PM
The secret to overcoming panic is acceptance. Observe the sensations, acknowledging the feelings and simply wait for it to pass. Staying occupied and meditation is helpful but, not always feasible in the throws of panic. Acceptance is the key.

James

kelliesean
06-10-2013, 08:19 PM
The secret to overcoming panic is acceptance. Observe the sensations, acknowledging the feelings and simply wait for it to pass. Staying occupied and meditation is helpful but, not always feasible in the throws of panic. Acceptance is the key.

James

I have a hard time watching the sensations and accepting that they are just anxiety symptoms.. Even now as I am calm and rational. And VERY aware that all they ever are, are anxiety symptoms... When I am full swing panicking I am convinced there is much more going on.. Grrrr

Lin
06-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Really difficult to handle when got stay still and quiet not to disturb husband. Never thought we would ever but since had knee operations moved into separate room and freedom of being able to do things like meditation tape or go on forum is so much better and easier.
Have refurbished room so feels like mine and not a stranger's room and now I feel better and husband gets to sleep too.

kelliesean
06-11-2013, 06:27 AM
I wake my husband up when I have bad anxiety ;)..., but I try and only do so when I am reallllly losing it.. So it pretty rare.. Usually I just deal w it on my own..

Lin
06-11-2013, 12:34 PM
I wake my husband up when I have bad anxiety ;)..., but I try and only do so when I am reallllly losing it.. So it pretty rare.. Usually I just deal w it on my own..

I find it really difficult at night, especially if I need to ring a Crisis number for help but can't in case wake my husband up. Recently have used my mobile but poor signal so not easy. Night times are definitely the worse time when my mood is really low.