PDA

View Full Version : To share or not to share?

Hannah_28
06-09-2013, 02:29 PM
I live by myself which I like but fear encourages my anxiety, much as I love being alone I also fear it. I'm considering a house share but this scares me too not sure if ill ever b happy anywhere. Help.

Nicolette
06-09-2013, 02:33 PM
my home is my castle haha

what scares you about being alone hannah_28? would it perhaps be better for you to keep your place, and instead work out and work through the problems that make you fearful?

if you fear it, i vote stay at home and grow stronger. never run away from fear :) unless you like house sharing for the fun. it can be fun with the right friends.

em1
06-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Do you have friends or family close by?

Hannah_28
06-09-2013, 02:39 PM
I go into myself when I'm alone being around people helps me feel more normal. I live near my parents but they don't always get the things I'm struggling with.

em1
06-09-2013, 02:54 PM
I think people who have never Suffered these Anxiety attacks won't ever know,people can say oh that must be not nice to go through or oh just brush it off and get on with it etc,I also like my own space when I'm having a bad time with my attacks people around me just don't help,so I think it depends on if you want people around you to house share or if you want your own space

Hannah_28
06-09-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm torn because I'm becoming reclusive which I know is not healthy but I also need to be alone sometimes especially with the environment I work in.

em1
06-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Could you not get someone to move in with you and if you don't like it then you will
Know if you want to be around people, meaning living with you ?

Hannah_28
06-09-2013, 03:47 PM
I would have to move elsewhere (which itself is scary as I'm not good with change) as I live in a bedsit currently. Maybe I should just stay here for now.