PDA

View Full Version : Leg problems

nicole123x
06-09-2013, 08:38 AM
I have suffered with this pain for 2 weeks now. It first started with a annoying buzzing/vibrating feeling on my left leg calf muscle, it done it for 4 days on and off. Now the buzzing has gone, I have got a ache in my left left mainly in my calf front and back and sometimes in my right leg. The ache comes with outrageous muscle twitches in both of my legs top to bottom! And when I walk my left calf feels tight. I wake up during the night with dull ache and cramp in both calfs! When I googled my problem ( I know I shouldn't ) I got DVT and blood clots. Could Anyone that has experienced DVT or these symptoms give me some advice please. I am only very young.

I do not have redness, but when I touch my leg I can find the part where it's aching .. A bit like a bruise! I would rather ask advice on here first than go to the doctors!

Thank you guys

shaikhrahuf
06-09-2013, 08:47 AM
They are cramps which ur experiencing.. go to the doc and explain, yes people over here will also give provide their suggestions, i experience cramps but rarllely which i associated th wid my anxiety..

nicole123x
06-09-2013, 08:51 AM
They are cramps which ur experiencing.. go to the doc and explain, yes people over here will also give provide their suggestions, i experience cramps but rarllely which i associated th wid my anxiety..

Thank you very much for your advice!
What are they usually caused by?

halleclaire
06-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Muscle cramps are very common, especially for those who experience anxiety, because the muscles tense up so tightly causing sometimes cramps in really any muscle group in the body. I used to get bad leg pain, and when I would dwell on it, it made it worse. Put your legs up and try to relax your muscles, this will help. Also you may be lacking potassium or calcium/magnesium in your body. Try eating foods such as bananas and other fruits!! As far as DVT goes, in most cases, there would be cramping below the area of the clot. So if you could feel the pain in one spot when touching, then the cramping usually comes below it and not in the exact location. But the clot area would be painful to touch, warm, and red. If you are concerned, see your doctor for peace of mind. But I found the less I thought about the pain, the more likely it was to go away because I would relax!!!

nicole123x
06-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Muscle cramps are very common, especially for those who experience anxiety, because the muscles tense up so tightly causing sometimes cramps in really any muscle group in the body. I used to get bad leg pain, and when I would dwell on it, it made it worse. Put your legs up and try to relax your muscles, this will help. Also you may be lacking potassium or calcium/magnesium in your body. Try eating foods such as bananas and other fruits!! As far as DVT goes, in most cases, there would be cramping below the area of the clot. So if you could feel the pain in one spot when touching, then the cramping usually comes below it and not in the exact location. But the clot area would be painful to touch, warm, and red. If you are concerned, see your doctor for peace of mind. But I found the less I thought about the pain, the more likely it was to go away because I would relax!!!

Thank you so much for your post it has put my mind at ease and gave me some great advice! I'm going to go to my doctor because if I am lacking magnesium etc, he will then give it to me as I can not find it anywhere in the shopping centre, I've been recommended it before but I can't find it in the store!

Thank you so much yet again for your help

shaikhrahuf
06-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Thank you very much for your advice!
What are they usually caused by?

Mine are usually caused due to anxiety, therw r various reasons for that, may b its nt a cramp or juz a muscle tension, visit to a doctor qould be helful..