PDA

View Full Version : Types of Therapy for Anxiety

willv91
06-09-2013, 07:44 AM
So, I have had CBT, which didn't actually work for me. I heard great things about it but apparently it's not for everyone. Does anyone know any other types of therapy that can treat anxiety/panic disorder? Has anyone experienced any of these therapies?

Will.

shaikhrahuf
06-09-2013, 08:55 AM
My counsellor suggested my breathing and yoga as she says its mild GA

halleclaire
06-09-2013, 09:15 AM
acupuncture and reflexology worked great for me!!

willv91
06-09-2013, 09:54 AM
acupuncture and reflexology worked great for me!!

Can you tell me more about this? What is it? How did it help?
Thanks

halleclaire
06-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Acupuncture is traditional Chinese medicine with has been around for hundreds of years and has shown in clinically trials to be very helpful in reducing panic attacks and anxiety. Acupuncture for Anxiety understands individual patterns of disharmony. Rather than just prescribing a blanket treatment of drugs in order to suppress the symptoms, Acupuncture for Anxiety would attempt to treat the underlying cause which gives rise to the Anxiety itself. The acupuncturist uses small needles on different areas of the body where disharmony is most present. I suggest looking up acupuncture for anxiety on youtube to get a better idea. Scientists and doctors cannot explain how it works, or why...but is proven to actually work!! If it didn't work, it wouldn't still be around and so very popular! It helped me be able to relax and my body just feels more at ease. It is such a relaxing experience!

Nicolette
06-09-2013, 02:38 PM
hi, i went for accupunture, i was really suprised at it. not because they stick needles in you haha, but because they really value the idea of harmony in the body. so many things i ignored or didnt care about, the therapist wanted to check through. my fear was heart problems, so when she was checking out kidneys, and posture, and things like that, i thought what is the point of this, i dont fear those problems. but she gave my some advises about my body being in disharmony, and the more i read about it and the more i followed the advice or had the sessions, the more i believed in what she was saying.

i dont think its a cure, but it was really good to have somebody try and get my body and mind into a balance. i feel much better because of it. its not cheap though. i had a few sessions and some massage too, cos a few hundred $'s.

Olive723
06-12-2013, 01:36 AM
I am in acceptance and commitment therapy. ACT for short it has really helped. Subtle changes make all the difference. One day your anxious and can't think clearly and the next your remembering what you learned to balance yourself. Google it.

missmello
06-12-2013, 04:12 AM
I've also gone for acupuncture and found it to be very helpful and relaxing. You need to go more than once though, I'd say at least once a week for at least 3 weeks, preferably longer. Exercise is also a big one, and just spending time outdoors enjoying nature. I'm also in therapy now once a week where we just talk. Taking multivitamins. These are some things that are helping me.