PDA

View Full Version : Need GABA stiumulator for sleep

pitt17
06-08-2013, 11:37 PM
I need to drink or take a xanax in order to relax to sleep at night. I can't relax no matter how tired I am. What are some "safer" alternatives to this? Or any other suggestions. Thanks

Shepard
06-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Chamomile tea. "Sleepy time" brand is good. Also ZzzQuil, like NyQuil but for sleep and without the horrible taste.

nf1234
06-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Sleep has been my main problem so I have done the research. I would say the first thing would be to try something called "Natural Calm". It is powdered magnesium that you mix with warm water and drink as a nice soothing drink. It does wonders for sleep and anxiety. Some other things that work are Gaba supplements, Glycine, Taurine, Theanine, Holy Basil, and Sleepytime EXTRA tea. I tried both the sleepytime regular and extra and the extra was the only thing that was strong enough for me. All the things I listed are good for both sleep and anxiety. They all raise gaba levels in the brain and some do other things as well. Drugs like xanax work by raising gaba in the brain so if that works for you those I listed should also.

shaikhrahuf
06-09-2013, 03:15 AM
I take a cup of chamomile tea before 10 mins to bed, it ia working for me even veleran is good read some nice reviews abt it hut never tried as i am ok with chamomile tea..