PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else??

MrsJ88
06-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Does anyone else bruise easily?? I'm sure this isn't anxiety related BUT its giving me anxiety thinking I have something wrong with me! :( ugh

MrsJ88
06-08-2013, 10:32 PM
No one else can relate?

Anxious Abi
06-09-2013, 01:35 AM
I can relate MrsJ88, ever since changing my medication my skin has become very translucent, you can see all my veins quite clearly and my skin bruises extremely easy now, I have random bruises come up everywhere, I have been slightly worried about it too, but believe mine may just be a side effect of tablets.
Abi

shaikhrahuf
06-09-2013, 03:07 AM
May be side effects of the medicines u might b taking for anxiety and panic disorders, then u whennu visite nwxr to ur doc clear d issue with him

MrsJ88
06-09-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm on NO medications at all as my doctor will not prescribe them while I'm breast feeding.

Anxious Abi
06-09-2013, 03:26 AM
When my skin first started getting translucent my Mum mentioned that her skin did the exact same thing during in and after pregnancy, I am sure it is nothing to worry about, but if it is making you feel this way you should talk to a Dr about it. I know it's hard when something is unexplained, our minds come up with reasons as to why this is happening, and often goes to the worst scenario. Hope you can find some way to put your mind a rest.

MrsJ88
06-09-2013, 05:52 AM
When my skin first started getting translucent my Mum mentioned that her skin did the exact same thing during in and after pregnancy, I am sure it is nothing to worry about, but if it is making you feel this way you should talk to a Dr about it. I know it's hard when something is unexplained, our minds come up with reasons as to why this is happening, and often goes to the worst scenario. Hope you can find some way to put your mind a rest.

Thanks Anxious Abi!

MrsJ88
06-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Totally FREAKING OUT!! I absolutely know better than to Google but unfortunately I still did it and I find that one of the symptoms of Leukemia is easy bruising. And I mean I'm bruising very easily and frequently. I'm also always very tired, no energy and weak feeling with shortness of breath! Ugh!! I always just have a general unwell feeling.

locksey
06-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Totally FREAKING OUT!! I absolutely know better than to Google but unfortunately I still did it and I find that one of the symptoms of Leukemia is easy bruising. And I mean I'm bruising very easily and frequently. I'm also always very tired, no energy and weak feeling with shortness of breath! Ugh!! I always just have a general unwell feeling.

I wudnt worry , I went thru those thoughts sum time bak 4 same reasons

janey
06-09-2013, 08:09 AM

Those symptoms could be anything, from food intolerance to something like anemia. It doesn't have to mean worst-case-scenario, sugar.
Stress itself causes most of those symptoms. I had them, got checked for anemia and had all sorts of blood work done. Negative.
The doc said it's just stress.

You should try setting your homepage to a pleasant site, instead of a search engine. You can also hit up your parental controls and block search engines also.
Might be a good idea!

I used to Google loads of symptoms all the time and thought I had all sorts of illnesses.
Possibility, even a teeny one, would itch at me until I went to a doctor. Now that I have my anxiety under control, those things don't bother me anymore.
It's stress. :) Nothing major.

mykids12
06-09-2013, 08:13 AM
I bruise very very easily. I have a huge one on my shin from running into something yesterday. As for the leukemia, I just had my son tested because he was having unexplained arm pain and bruising easily as well. His dr said when they get concerned about bruises it's usually in a place where you wouldn't normally find bruising easily such as the stomach or back or upper torso area. Also leukemia usually presents itself as being very easily fatigued, I'm talking like can't hardly move, and just not right altogether. You may have swollen lymph nodes in the collar bone, armpits and under the jaw and front of the neck area. I also know a girl who has 2 boys who have overcome leukemia and my coworker has a form of leukemia and he gets sick really easy and tired very easy. Don't worry though, I went through the same thought myself as I was goin through my hypochondria anxiety. I'm in remission from that at the moment but I'm sure ill fall back into in at some point lol.

mykids12
06-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Oh yeah and your anxiety itself is probably causing your symptoms. I notice when I'm worried I have shortness of breath as well and tired. Anxiety has many many physical symptoms and it wasn't until I started reading up on anxiety that I realized this.

MrsJ88
06-09-2013, 08:59 AM
I bruise very very easily. I have a huge one on my shin from running into something yesterday. As for the leukemia, I just had my son tested because he was having unexplained arm pain and bruising easily as well. His dr said when they get concerned about bruises it's usually in a place where you wouldn't normally find bruising easily such as the stomach or back or upper torso area. Also leukemia usually presents itself as being very easily fatigued, I'm talking like can't hardly move, and just not right altogether. You may have swollen lymph nodes in the collar bone, armpits and under the jaw and front of the neck area. I also know a girl who has 2 boys who have overcome leukemia and my coworker has a form of leukemia and he gets sick really easy and tired very easy. Don't worry though, I went through the same thought myself as I was goin through my hypochondria anxiety. I'm in remission from that at the moment but I'm sure ill fall back into in at some point lol.

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback everyone. I'm gonna get my iron checked this week cause I had low iron during pregnancy. Maybe that's the cause?