PDA

View Full Version : When did your anxiety begin?

Hannah_28
06-08-2013, 03:21 PM
What triggered it?

frankzito
06-08-2013, 04:06 PM
I've had it I think a while, but, a little over a year ago I was sitting on the couch and felt a little electric jolt on the right side of my head, and was like what was that and it did it again. And boom! Got a full blown panic attack! Lasted a few hours. My heart went on the brink and I was hyperventilating ,and getting over it, I shook with chills uncontrollably for a few hours. Next day I was wore out, but ok again.
Then ,I couldn't sleep after his happened. Soon as I would lay down and close my eyes, my heart would pound and I was scared, and couldn't sleep. This went on for a month waking up every hour or so after I would fall asleep. Finally I went to the Dr. Now I'm on medicine . I've gotten better but still have many bad nights and sometimes days too. I've only had to go to the hospital once one in a year , cause I'm stubborn.
I feel really bad for the people who have been fighting it for years and years.
Jason :-)

frankzito
06-08-2013, 04:13 PM
I guess what triggers mine the most now is dealing with people on the streets while driving. I now how all the symptoms as most others have. Not sure exactly what triggers mine, but its more than one thing . Word

Ahlstrom
06-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Heart went overdrive after drinking a lot and smoking a joint, had to go to hospital. Got out and tried to get high 3 days later, boom, first panic attack and a ton of problems.

Shepard
06-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Losing my Father to a heart attack in June of 2011, I was right there, watched the whole thing, even performed CPR on him while the EMTs took their sweet time getting here(one of them even stole his laptop!)

Almost a year later, in may of 2012 I laid down in bed and my heart flipped, a sensation I have felt many times before and never thought twice about it, yet it still sent me into a panic attack, my first one ever. My heart raced, I was sweaty and short of breath then towards the end I felt like I was going to pass out..and bam, the memory of him saying 'I'm going to pass out" just before he died came back to me and I've been going though this BS everyday since. I don't have many panic attacks, but I feel the symptoms every day all day.