PDA

View Full Version : Drinking & Anxiety

willv91
06-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Today I woke up after drinking quite a lot last night. I had a hangover but my anxiety is sky high! My heart has been racing all day. I can't eat, I don't really want to do anything. My head is so busy with thoughts going round and round. I have anxiety anyway, but today has been really bad and I think it's because of the alcohol.

Hopefully somebody can relate to this. I cannot put into words how horrible it is!

Will.

em1
06-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Are you in Meds to?

willv91
06-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Are you in Meds to?

Yes, sorry, I should have said. I'm on 450mg of pregabalin. Doesn't seem to have much of an effect unfortunately.

alankay
06-08-2013, 12:22 PM
That the next morning can be like that but it will fade as the day goes on. Alankay

frankzito
06-08-2013, 12:24 PM
It's happened to me numerous times. Usually wake up around 4 in the morning with the heart racing and a little sweaty.

em1
06-08-2013, 12:26 PM
I think it's just due to having lots to drink and being maybe dehydrated and you have got yourself worked up because of they way you feeling today,how long have you had your panic attacks?

willv91
06-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks guys!

It started about 3 years ago on and off. 18 months ago it became more constant and now it's every day.

em1
06-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Well we are all in the same boat on this page and all have fears and panic attacks I've had mine for over 20 years they come and go but have been so bad for a whole week I'm so tired x

willv91
06-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Sorry to hear that! I know how exhausting it can be! I am only 21 and my life has already been taken over my anxiety. X

em1
06-08-2013, 12:42 PM
I know how it can make you feel believe me,we are all here for each other anytime :)

halleclaire
06-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Today I woke up after drinking quite a lot last night. I had a hangover but my anxiety is sky high! My heart has been racing all day. I can't eat, I don't really want to do anything. My head is so busy with thoughts going round and round. I have anxiety anyway, but today has been really bad and I think it's because of the alcohol.

Hopefully somebody can relate to this. I cannot put into words how horrible it is!

Will.

When you have anxiety, drinking can certainly cause a spike in how your feeling!! You feel great at the time of drinking, but the next day...BAM...there it is! Even those who don't have anxiety will experience a higher heart rate because your body is working hard to detox itself from the alcohol in our blood!!! I myself experience it more so after a night of drinking, but try to breathe through it because the feeling won't last forever!!!

willv91
06-09-2013, 09:32 AM
When you have anxiety, drinking can certainly cause a spike in how your feeling!! You feel great at the time of drinking, but the next day...BAM...there it is! Even those who don't have anxiety will experience a higher heart rate because your body is working hard to detox itself from the alcohol in our blood!!! I myself experience it more so after a night of drinking, but try to breathe through it because the feeling won't last forever!!!

Thanks for your response!