PDA

View Full Version : Side effects or not working?..

Eric8
06-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been a Lexapro for about 3 months, the last month on the highest dose of 20 MG. I have had constant headaches , fatigue, body and joint aches,and still no motivation. Basically, flu like symptoms.

Are these side effects that I'm experiencing, or is this med just not working?

Also, if the dose is too high, can someone have negative effects....from having too much serotonin?

Most of these flu like are common from withdrawal from a med, but not sure what is going on here,

Thanks for any help,
Eric

mykids12
06-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Really? Those are withdrawal signs? I have the body aches and fatigue and kind of an ill like feeling but I never took my meds consistently to have withdrawal symptoms. I would only take as I needed which would be maybe a few times a week. Now I'm curious. Also I'm on lowest dose of lorazepam.

raggamuffin
06-24-2013, 05:16 AM
3 months is enough time to guage if it's helping you. Upping a doseage can certainly cause your body to have side effects such as the ones you described. Remember, we're not doctors. Speak to your Dr about the symptoms and ask if another med could be tried.

I think meds should be paired with therpay. As about local cognitive behavioural therapies available near you.

Ed

frankzito
06-24-2013, 10:12 AM
I've probably just been lucky! :-)