PDA

View Full Version : A little perspective please?

Anxious Abi
06-07-2013, 06:43 AM
This might sound really strange, but I want to talk about it regardless. Some people would maybe describe me as a little obsessive sometimes, to explain a bit, I often eat the same foods day in day out, I get easily invested in things, and once my mind is focused on something it is hard to see past it and focus on anything else, if that makes sense. I also have an irrational fear of adding to my mental health problems in some way. I often stop myself from doing tasks repeatedly for fear of them taking over.
Since finding this forum I have found myself checking it all time, feeling the need to log on a lot, i'm worried that i'm becoming a little obsessive about it, questioning if maybe I should stop it and limit myself to only checking it every few days or something. I feel confused, not sure what to think, maybe i'm just being obsessive about becoming obsessive, please an outside prospective would be greatly appreciated.
Abi

em1
06-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Hello Abi you are not alone on this,what makes me panic is the same thoughts day in day out and I can't shake it,I bring on more panic because of this,we all do it your not alone in this,I know you may think your going to go mad or make yourself go Mental as its like your Tormenting yourself,I'm trying to re set my thoughts and I wished it would go away to so I can be me again,I did not Realise how happy I was be4 and now I feel Terrible again,so your not alone x

Enduronman
06-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Hello Anxious Abi!

There's nothing wrong with seeking answers, it's merely an aspect of being who we are and it is curiousity that drives us to create new ideas, thoughts, and knowledge about everything, everywhere, including an explanation of ourselves and who we are.

Stop worrying about obsessing, about being obsessive because if eating the same foods everyday means that one has OCD, then I too have another condition that I never knew I had before..I don't have many easily prepared food choices by the fact that I had to become a Vegan..(NASTY!)

You're not confused, so if you wanna log in 3000 times a day until you find some peace within yourself, then do it. Whatever it takes.

Try to recall what the explanation of who you are and how you generally behave actually said, then make some adjustments in those areas that are easily predictable..by Science.

and Have a great day! :)

Anxious Abi
06-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Thank you for giving me a little perspective.

Enduronman, I still have the INFP page up on my PC, I have it saved to my favorites, I keep looking at it, trying to focus on the good aspects of my personality as well as the bad. Decided to get back to what makes me happy, being more creative again. Still not a hundred percent sure how to use all the information but hopefully if I keep working on it, I can at least understand myself a little better.

I really appreciate it.

Enduronman
06-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Very welcome friend!

The more you study all that information, the more you'll learn, acknowledge, and recognize the things that are stated in that report because you will encounter certain instances or events in the future where you will recall reading about what your normal or general responses to these things would be. It will be like a light bulb turning on above your head, yes..here's what Science expected me to do but that really doesn't work for me anymore so I choose to do this instead?

Going back to what makes you happy means that you have already seen things in there that you knew could be quickly adjusted, even though you state that you don't understand it all 100% yet. You really do see it's real meaning and use but you're not giving yourself credit for that. Maybe there's even a line in there that says "you don't give yourself enough credit at times?"..IDK, I haven't read your profile but from your previous post, I wouldn't doubt that there may be something kind of like that stated.

We're not really supposed to know what to do with that 100% until our lives and time evolves around us, then we know how to use pieces and parts of the story of us through situations we're involved in as our daily lives unfold..

Understanding yourself even just a little better, is very powerful knowledge and information to hold. Pretty cool!

E-Man.. :)

Anxious Abi
06-07-2013, 07:42 AM
It does say for INFP "Perfectionistic tendencies may cause them to not give themselves enough credit", totally on the money.

Enduronman
06-07-2013, 07:58 AM
BAAHAA!! See how useful it really is? AWESOME!

Have a great NEW Abi day!