PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pains and anxiety

halleclaire
06-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Hello!! For the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing daily chest pains. They are like quick stabbing pains under my left breast and only last two seconds or so. I only get them a few times a day and they do not cause any shortness of breath or anything. I have had an EKG done which came back normal. It's weird because I really only feel these pains when I think about them, or dwell on them. Does anyone else experience this??

dizzylizzy
06-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Hi Halleclaire,

You arent Alone get this with my anxiety..... i find that like you they get worse if i dwell on them and i get them in my right side aswell...... Try deep breathing as it is from tightness i have had several EKG's and stress test and my heart is fine so now i know its not my heart its anxiety which through techniques cbt you can over come just dont dwell on it... Try massage and heat packs it does help :)

halleclaire
06-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks!! Yes, I went to the doctor today and it is chest wall pain that I am experiencing. I carry around two babies, carseats, strollers, all the time. So I feel so much better knowing what this is and will now no longer dwell on the pains when I get them.