PDA

View Full Version : Craziest thing. Ever.

Brittany1995
06-07-2013, 01:53 AM
It's seems like when I enter a stressful time in life, I'll have trouble sleeping at night because the right side of my head aches. And when I finally go to sleep, I'll wake up and the right half of my body has lost a bit of sensation. My family doctor convinced me to get off Xanax that my therapist prescribed. So I cut cold turkey 5 days ago. I feel like I'm going crazy!!! I'm afraid to sleep! Anyone been in the same situation?! I feel like I'm going to die:/

em1
06-07-2013, 03:00 AM
Maybe it's because you have just taken yourself off it so fast that you feel that way,does it come in a lower dose? Maybe you have have done that and taken yourself down instead of just cold turkey? I'm a long time Suffer so I know how you feel Hun x

Brittany1995
06-07-2013, 03:18 AM
It was the Lowest dose! I'm freaking out.

em1
06-07-2013, 03:34 AM
It's hard I know and we are all Hun the same boat,your not going crazy,your not going to die your not going to harm anyone is just the panic in your head,this is going to pass,yes it may take a while but that's what I keep telling myself(I am strong I will beat this) what did your doctor say about you just coming off it?

Enduronman
06-07-2013, 07:05 AM
I had taken 3mg of xanax everyday for 5 straight years just to go to sleep. I stopped taking them on November 23rd, 2012. Let's just say that I felt like I was being cremated while I was alive. I still had a bottle full, and still do because I am going to put it in a place that the Dr. that prescribed them to me, won't find to be all that comfortable or pleasant.

You'll survive.

Brittany1995
06-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Thanks guuuuuuys! Helps to know I'm not alone. Just started college. It's a tad stressful.

em1
06-07-2013, 09:59 AM
We are all here for the same reasons Hun and we are all here for one and other :)