PDA

View Full Version : Buspar

princesskj
06-06-2013, 05:37 PM
I just started taking buspar tonight has anyone else taken it and did it work?

Audrey00
06-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Never heard of it ? Is it an ssri ?

princesskj
06-06-2013, 05:52 PM
No it's used to treat anxiety but its not an ssri or a benzo

NixonRulz
06-06-2013, 06:16 PM
I took it for a while. Sorry to report it didn't do anything for me.

I tried it because my mom swears by it

Same genetics, different reaction to it

Really helps her and she has been on it for many years

nf1234
06-06-2013, 06:18 PM
I haven't taken it myself but have heard good things about it.

Lin
06-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Sorry princeskj not taken this before to help out, but hope you persevere with it and it helps.
Not heard from you for a while, hope yo are doing OK.

princesskj
06-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Sorry princeskj not taken this before to help out, but hope you persevere with it and it helps.
Not heard from you for a while, hope yo are doing OK.

Thanks everyone ;) Lin I'm trying to hang in there Im not doing to bad but I could be better. I'm just to the point I think I need meds but nothing to strong with bad side effects ;-/

Lin
06-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Princesskj - nothing wrong in having meds if that is what you need and dr should be able to help you. Not always easy to find right one straightaway or one with no side effects, but I have been lucky with some in past which have worked after two/three weeks and no side effects, so you might be lucky too. It is great if you feel the lift the right tablet can give you, really helps. Good luck and let me know how you get on,

Tommy Nava
06-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Hi-
I heard you recently started Buspar. I was also prescribed that but haven't taken it yet. Did you experience any side effects when starting?

princesskj
06-23-2013, 02:22 PM
It sucked to be honest made me dizzy and didn't work at all

Dcoito
06-23-2013, 02:31 PM
I took for about a week or so, wasn't to impressed! It worked a little in relieving some symptoms, but it added headache, after I took it in about 30 min I would feel dizzy, and have body shocks for about 30 min, so I took it at night! For some people it works great, give it some time. It would be worth it if it works for you because of its short life, you would have less withdrawals from it.

Good luck!

Tommy Nava
06-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback, sorry it didn't work. Did the side effects go away after stopping it? And did they have you on any other drug now?

Dcoito
06-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Oh yes! Like I said they just lasted 30 min or so.. And I have found that it is very common. I take Paxil now. I started out very low dose, and slowly increased up to 20 MG working out good!

Tommy Nava
06-23-2013, 02:53 PM
I took for about a week or so, wasn't to impressed! It worked a little in relieving some symptoms, but it added headache, after I took it in about 30 min I would feel dizzy, and have body shocks for about 30 min, so I took it at night! For some people it works great, give it some time. It would be worth it if it works for you because of its short life, you would have less withdrawals from it.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. After you stopped buspar how long where any side effects or withdrawals take to get out of your system? And what dose were you on?

Dcoito
06-23-2013, 05:31 PM
There was no withdrawals. It has a short life, so I had no withdrawals at all. I don't remember what dose I was on. A low one because like all PD medication I like to start out with a low dose!