PDA

View Full Version : For the girls

kerrielee
06-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Ladies has your anxiety ever been triggered by your period? I have been great recently and am now off Xanax a month just on lexapro and then today out of nowhere all day attack. Nausea is driving me mad.

This is the only reason I can see for the attack! Just want to see if anyone has had the same.

onebreathatatime
06-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Always get this... As soon as I feel overly anxious with heart palps I know it's that time of the month. I drink lots of water and remind myself it's my normal!

kerrielee
06-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks onebreath. Sometimes I think I'm going crazy when they just pop up out of nowhere!

onebreathatatime
06-06-2013, 10:20 AM
What symptoms do you experience?

kerrielee
06-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Blinding Headache palpitations dizziness nausea pins and needles and pain in between my shoulder blades and neck. If it gets really bad I hyperventilate on and off too. Not fun!

What about you?

onebreathatatime
06-06-2013, 11:27 AM
I get hot, increased heart rate, palpitations, dizzy/disoriented, and fuzzy/vibration feeling in head. Those are the main ones for me, I get others too but it's hit and miss. This forum is great for helping us all to see we are not alone!

onebreathatatime
06-06-2013, 11:31 AM
If you find you start hyperventilating... Start belly breathing and cup your hands over your nose and mouth... For myself it works wonders. It's like breathing into a paper bag.

halleclaire
06-07-2013, 06:21 AM
I feel like this as well before my period comes, for about a week!! Nausea and heart palpitations. This all just started for me recently after having two babies. Doctors say it is normal and that hormones play a major part in feeling this way!! Are you on birth control? He also told me that by being on the pill, a lot of these symptoms should subside.

kerrielee
06-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Halleclaire that's a good idea. I've been off birth control so maybe that's the easiest way of dealing w it. Thanks!

janey
06-09-2013, 05:05 PM
My anxiety peaks around my period, every month. I PMS for like 2 weeks. I get super anxious, have intrusive thoughts, etc. Then once the cycle has started, it starts to go away and I'm normal. It's definitely worse around that time of the month. It's awful!