PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

ItsBrett
06-06-2013, 04:56 AM
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I've not really fully sussed out how to work the thing properly yet! I'm 22 years old and have just about had enough of anxiety in my life. I searched for a Anxiety based forum so I could communicate with people who understand me as I feel like everyone I know in person thinks that I make everything up. It really offends me when people say "Oh you'll be fine" or "Oh just don't think about it". I've suffered from anxiety for as long as I remember although it's only recently that I've done something about it. Up until recently I just assumed that I was a bit of a wimp. I'm currently unemployed and really struggling to find work that I feel confident that I'd be able to do. I've worked since 16 but quit all of my jobs due to anxiety. I am very socially awkward and don't really go out, ever, unless it's to go to the gym. I have absolutely no confidence in anything I do anymore! I wont go into much more detail about myself a the minute I just thought I'd say hello to you guys and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Anxious Abi
06-06-2013, 05:07 AM
Hey, I think you're in the right place for communicating with people who understand, we're all here to share and help each other.
I too get very offended when people treat me like my anxiety is nothing, like I can 'just' get over it. It seems that people who have never experienced problems with anxiety really struggle to understand what it is we go through.
I also know how hard it is to have no confidence in yourself, I often feel like I can't make a decision, because I don't trust myself to know what is right anymore. Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for on here. Welcome.
Abi

ItsBrett
06-06-2013, 05:16 AM
Aww thanks a lot Abi! :D It already feels good to get a response off someone who knows what I'm talking about! That is the EXACT reason I don't like making decisions.. I have such a chronic failure of disappointment it drives me absolutely nuts!

Thanks again for the warm welcome. :)

alankay
06-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Bret, getting treatment as early as possible helps allot(is key). Where are you there? Trust me.... with education on anxiety, some talk therapy and possibly meds you can and will improve but I can't say anxiety will "go away". I also have social anxiety but it's much better now and I'm well compared to before treatment and education. Alankay

shaikhrahuf
06-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Welcome on board brett,
Hioe u hv consulted ur doc and are on meds, stick here and go through post, many things over here are so helpful that u will find some way out of this anxiety and depression andbu will feel relaxed