PDA

View Full Version : The Human Approach.

Anxious Abi
06-06-2013, 04:38 AM
I just wanted to share something that I found a while ago, it helped me understand a little bit more about my anxiety and not feel so alone and insane.
You have to sign up, but it is completely free, It is called The Human Approach with Hugh Macnab, I believe it is available through the website and also on ibooks. It offers four prerecorded sessions that are aimed at helping people with anxiety or depression.
It's not for everyone, so it might not help, but it might, I would recommended giving it a go if you have the time.
http://www.thehumanapproach.com/
Hope it helps at least one person.
Let me know.
Abi

JaneB
10-31-2013, 11:29 AM
I just wanted to share something that I found a while ago, it helped me understand a little bit more about my anxiety and not feel so alone and insane.
You have to sign up, but it is completely free, It is called The Human Approach with Hugh Macnab, I believe it is available through the website and also on ibooks. It offers four prerecorded sessions that are aimed at helping people with anxiety or depression.
It's not for everyone, so it might not help, but it might, I would recommended giving it a go if you have the time.
http://www.thehumanapproach.com/
Hope it helps at least one person.
Let me know.
Abi

What was it about this program that helped you? What did you like and not like? Could you tell us more about the program?

Anxious Abi
02-22-2014, 05:20 PM
This program helped me to view anxiety in a different way, that made it much easier to understand. It helped because it normalized anxiety and explained in part it's progression. There is a portion which involves a relaxation and visualization exercise aimed at clearing the cache of anxiety.
I liked that the simplicity of anxiety was explained. I found the program on a hole to be quite useful.
I didn't like the forms that you are required to fill in, while I know they were necessary, they get laborious.
I would say it is suited for anxieties such as, not being able to fly or drive.

That being said, it's a while since I recommended this and it has quite possibly changed. I have checked it out and it is still available.
Hope I answered the questions.

jessed03
02-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Interesting share Abi.

I was just reading his life story. He's been around the block as they say.

GeneAllen
02-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Thank you very much Abi. I will look into this tool. The more tools in my box the more I can fix me easier, when I'm feeling a bit broke. I came across Jon Mercer today on youtube, I have not heard of him before but he's good, as well as Dr. Hyman on you tube, the magnesium video. I just finished a 4 part video series title "The human being, just being. I will post it as I have time on you tube. Synchronicity! Much Peace