PDA

View Full Version : Weird Fear?

Marlow
06-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Does anyone else have anxieties about being around someone who is mentally ill or mentally challenged. Growing up I found that I would feel really uncomfortable when people talked about dark things like suicide, schizophrenia and other things. I am convinced this is the most influential part of my anxiety and depression. I am afraid of losing my mind, so when I feel weird my anxiety kicks 10 fold. Anyone else?

Marlow

Sarah Griffin
06-05-2013, 11:39 AM
A couple of times i thought i was losing my mind. I thought i was going crazy. This happened at the beginning of a panic attack. It is one of the symptoms of panic dont worry your not going mad :)

NixonRulz
06-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Does anyone else have anxieties about being around someone who is mentally ill or mentally challenged. Growing up I found that I would feel really uncomfortable when people talked about dark things like suicide, schizophrenia and other things. I am convinced this is the most influential part of my anxiety and depression. I am afraid of losing my mind, so when I feel weird my anxiety kicks 10 fold. Anyone else?

Marlow

Anxious people are some of the most sane of people out there.

We are very in tune with and aware of our thoughts, to a fault of course.

People who are losing their minds or going insane don't believe there is anything wrong with them.

That's what makes them crazy!!!!

Anxious Abi
06-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Marlow, I have similar anxiety regarding people with mental illness, I honestly thought I was the only one. It's got to the point where even watching a film with slightly dark elements makes me extremely uncomfortable. I'm afraid of becoming some kind of psychopath, it's irrational I know, you can't catch mental illness, especially from watching a film, but it makes me feel scared that i'm losing my mind.