PDA

View Full Version : Do I push for my wife to go on vacation next week?

js
08-23-2007, 09:23 AM
My wife suffers from severe panic/anxiety attacks when taking roadtrips too far from home. She is on celexa and adavan however she has worked herself up so much prior to this vacation she no longer wants to go. She dropped the bomb on me yesterday for me to just go with our 4 year old daughter (its to an amusement park with lodging) She has gone the last 4 years with us but is really stressed out this year. She just recently upped her dosage of adavan and is a bit more out of it but "appears " less stressed, but still does not want to go. The vacation is a week long and going would just not feel right but I feel it is unfair to our daughter.

Should I push for her to go, even if just for a few days? it is about 90 min drive from our home, where I could even come back home to pick her up and bring her back for a few days.

thoughts?

RichB
08-23-2007, 01:22 PM
I know that I wouldn't recovered from anxiety today if it wasn't for the encouragement, support, coaxing, and occasional nudge from my loved ones. There were times I hated my spouse for pushing me past my boundaries but that's after I got past it I always thanked her.

js
08-23-2007, 02:01 PM
I know that I wouldn't recovered from anxiety today if it wasn't for the encouragement, support, coaxing, and occasional nudge from my loved ones. There were times I hated my spouse for pushing me past my boundaries but that's after I got past it I always thanked her.

thanks RichB. its good to know that

GucciPrada23
08-26-2007, 12:05 AM
i recently made a trip to go to vegas with my boyfriend, and got to the airport ( i dunno HOW i made it that far) lol, and as soon as we were waiting for our flight.........i started balling my eyes out on how i can not do it because of the panic/anxiety...def. with not being in control....and when they shut that door the "trapped feeling"....

anyways........he kinda pushed me on going and at the time i hated him for it....it was the HARDEST thing getting on that damn plane, but i ended up thanking him for it because it was the best time i had!!!

now thats not to say im going to fly anytime soon but im glad i did.....not sure if this helps you, but maybe?

:)
Christie

Mister
08-26-2007, 12:38 AM
I'd say to definately talk to her about it, and try to gently encourage her by trying to reason out her concerns about going.

I think it depends on how open she is with you regarding her issues, otherwise she may just feel that you don't understand her...