PDA

View Full Version : What is your anxiety about?

Blessed
06-04-2013, 03:16 PM
School? Job? Blood pressure? Heart rate? Health? Family? What provokes your anxiety and how the heck do you get it to STOP!!!!

MainerMikeBrown
06-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Fear of confrontation can get me nervous sometimes. What helps me overcome it is to not shy away from the headaches in life. Instead, I consider challeges as something that's a good thing, as the best way to learn coping skills to get better at dealing with nervewracking problems are to face them head on. After all, what doesn't kill you really can make you stronger.

nf1234
06-04-2013, 03:36 PM
I think most of my remaining anxiety is about having anxiety lol. Like if I plan on taking a trip I worry whether or not I will feel anxious. So really I am afraid of being afraid which sounds so dumb when you think of it.

oohnana24
06-04-2013, 03:40 PM
I think most of my remaining anxiety is about having anxiety lol. Like if I plan on taking a trip I worry whether or not I will feel anxious. So really I am afraid of being afraid which sounds so dumb when you think of it.

I feel the same way. I get anxiety about getting anxiety. It's really crippled me. I have to stay in my comfort zones which is no way to love life. My doc says its anticipatory anxiety and Zoloft would fix but I have decided to try a holistic approach instead. Hope it works.

Also, I have a terribly hard time focusing and restraining Information. This happen to you too?

nf1234
06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
I feel the same way. I get anxiety about getting anxiety. It's really crippled me. I have to stay in my comfort zones which is no way to love life. My doc says its anticipatory anxiety and Zoloft would fix but I have decided to try a holistic approach instead. Hope it works.

Also, I have a terribly hard time focusing and restraining Information. This happen to you too?

I have also gone the holistic route and it really has helped me. I would say a large majority of my anxiety is gone. I am now slowly but surely getting out of my comfort zone and trying to do things I am afraid of. The book The Mood Cure by Julia Ross is all about the holistic approach and its what has helped me the most.

My mental focus and abilities have dwindled also. But I think thats just part of it and am hoping it will go away as this anxiety does.

Blessed
06-04-2013, 04:29 PM
What does holistic mean?

nf1234
06-04-2013, 05:19 PM
What does holistic mean?

A holistic approach is more of a natural one. Using vitamins, diet, exercise, minerals, amino acids, and other such natural supplements to heal the body. It's more of a healing the wound type approach instead of just putting a bandaid on it. I have found it fascinating and so helpful in my healing process.

killthefear
06-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Mine simply seems to be caused by my attempts to not burden the woman in my life. I had to go out of state for work for the summer. My only fear is losing her some way. I try not to text her or overwhelm her because she is in med school. It freaks me out some days to go hours without texting her.

Lin
06-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Relationships are always difficult when you have depression and anxiety. We have been married 28 years and my illness causes us dreadful problems. You are definitely not alone in worrying about maintaining your relationship but all I would say is that if is strong enough and meant to last, then it will even during the bad times. You have to try hard not to put too much pressure on your relationship because of your illness, but you are entitled to expect some care and support with your illness.

mykids12
06-05-2013, 09:55 AM

Same here! I wake up worried about if I'm going to have anxiety that day. It's a vicious cycle.

acetone
06-05-2013, 12:54 PM
My anxiety is about having vertigo.

MrsJ88
06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Health anxiety for me.

mykids12
06-05-2013, 02:19 PM
I think health anxiety is a big one for lots of people. I hate it, it sucks.

Hannah_28
06-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Mine is mainly ocd mixed in with various other forms of anxiety (I think most people's anxiety is a mixture of different types, the lines are very blurred) I hear what people are saying with regards to relationships, i for one can never see myself in a long term relationship. There's too much in the way.

Cobra
06-05-2013, 04:21 PM
At first it was driving, crowds, fear of losing control and hurting myself or others, fear of panic attacks, and health anxiety. I have almost cured myself of the first three or four I listed, but I still have health anxiety, mainly with my stomach and my heart. I have gerd and ibs and when my digestion gets bad, my heart starts pounding and I think I'm going to get sick, have a heart attack, die. It's awful, and has made me really cut back on eating. Lost so much weight. Any ideas on how to stop it? I guess just keep eating and endure the fear...

sweetpea24
06-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Sorry,I don't have any advice, but how did you get over the fear of driving?

Cobra
06-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I did it by forcing myself to drive and enduring the anxiety and fear. It wasn't easy. Almost had to pull into a gas station today to calm down, but I practiced my deep breathing, distracted myself by singing a song I like, and positive affirmation.

Cobra
06-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Haha, which is exactly how I should deal with the food phobia, but the food phobia seems harder for me. Probably because of my recent health trauma. I hemorrhaged after a polypectomy and nearly bled to death. Filled the toilet with blood like 6 times before they got me into surgery. Went into shock in the er and thought I was dying. This was 2 months ago, and I'm still afraid to see blood when I go to the bathroom, and if my belly hurts I start thinking something is going wrong inside me. Sorry if that's tmi but that is the source of my health anxiety.

RAIDER805
06-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Originally,I have no idea where my anxiety came from, I'm still trying to figure that out my self. Whatever anxiety comes now I think is from when I start thinking about why I constantly feel off balance and lightheaded. It's a stupid cycle I got to get myself out of

MrsJ88
06-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Haha, which is exactly how I should deal with the food phobia, but the food phobia seems harder for me. Probably because of my recent health trauma. I hemorrhaged after a polypectomy and nearly bled to death. Filled the toilet with blood like 6 times before they got me into surgery. Went into shock in the er and thought I was dying. This was 2 months ago, and I'm still afraid to see blood when I go to the bathroom, and if my belly hurts I start thinking something is going wrong inside me. Sorry if that's tmi but that is the source of my health anxiety.

Cobra... I'd say that's a good reason to have anxiety, how scary!

leetbulldog
06-06-2013, 02:24 AM
Health anxiety and OCD :/

dizzylizzy
06-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Mine stems mainly from PTSD but other things trigger it like health and OMG my mother!!!!

ItsBrett
06-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Fear of the unknown for myself. Not having total control over a situation and not knowing what to expect!

Like most other people that have responded though, my fear of my anxiety causes my anxiety. :s

Markiep
06-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Health anxiety and OCD :/

Same here...right now freaking out that my insomnia might mean I'm schizophrenic even though I'm in the 1% :/