PDA

View Full Version : I could really use some help.

oohnana24
06-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi I am a 31 year old male who has lately been dealing with terrible anxiety. I can't drive in backseats of cars, and I get anxiety about getting anxiety. I don't get it. I have always been a chill person. When I was 26, anxiety first set on for no apparent reason, but my doctor put me on zoloft and klonipin. About a year ago I separated from my wife as she put me through hell for about 8 months prior. Last summer, I took myself off of Zoloft and was doing great. I knew i was flying too high, convincing myself that I was recovered from my wife's affair and leaving me, but nonetheless I was doing great. I quit smoking cigarettes in November and this January or February my anxiety came back hardcore. I really don't want to go back on meds so I have been doing research. Has anyone heard of Histedelia? Too much histamine. After doing plenty of research, I am now taking magnesium 500mg and Sam-e. I just learned yesterday that I should take them together. I always have to keep a klonipin in my pocket for a safety net. Does anyone know how long Sam-e takes to work? ALso I recently bought Jasmine, Lavender, and ALmond oil for a base. Anybody have any recommendations on how to mix and use those? Please I can use some help. Thank you for reading.

alankay
06-04-2013, 02:56 PM
I also keep valium on me as a safety net(yeah I freakin' hate it) .... and that's not uncommon with panic disorder. I really would rethink an ssri like zoloft/celexa/prozac again as the herbals are of unknown quality and not proven very good. Just some quick thoughts. Going in to talk over all the stuff that you've been through might help as well. Alankay

Lin
06-04-2013, 03:48 PM
I use essential oil to help. I use sweet almond oil as a base and then add a few drops of what need at the time. Lavender is good for calming., but also something like orange can give you a boost. If you
Look up essential oils on websites and see which best for whatever you need help with, it will help. The ones I use are for menopause so no good for you.
I then keep the mix in a mixer bottle and put on tissues to keep in my bag or pocket so can smell them when need to relax.
Or I put them in a burner so that rooms smell nice and can calm you etc.

scared44
06-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi I am a 31 year old male who has lately been dealing with terrible anxiety. I can't drive in backseats of cars, and I get anxiety about getting anxiety. I don't get it. I have always been a chill person. When I was 26, anxiety first set on for no apparent reason, but my doctor put me on zoloft and klonipin. About a year ago I separated from my wife as she put me through hell for about 8 months prior. Last summer, I took myself off of Zoloft and was doing great. I knew i was flying too high, convincing myself that I was recovered from my wife's affair and leaving me, but nonetheless I was doing great. I quit smoking cigarettes in November and this January or February my anxiety came back hardcore. I really don't want to go back on meds so I have been doing research. Has anyone heard of Histedelia? Too much histamine. After doing plenty of research, I am now taking magnesium 500mg and Sam-e. I just learned yesterday that I should take them together. I always have to keep a klonipin in my pocket for a safety net. Does anyone know how long Sam-e takes to work? ALso I recently bought Jasmine, Lavender, and ALmond oil for a base. Anybody have any recommendations on how to mix and use those? Please I can use some help. Thank you for reading.

Hi, Sometimes when trying natural thearapies can cause havoc with your medications!! Always read up about what your taking and speak to your Doctor also! I've tried natural thearapy(pills) and they interacted with my medication. Not good. Hope things work out for you! Take care. Beverley :)

Lin
06-04-2013, 08:32 PM
I agree with Scared 44 if talking about taking natural herbal tablets you definitely need to make sure they are OK for you. I always check with my doctor before taking any.
But essential oils used as massage or smelling won't affect any medication etc and are OK to use.
I also have regular reflexology and my Dr has been impressed by what this right lady for me can do for me. But you have to find right person for your body and you symptoms because the reflexologists can really vary in expertise and wrong one can make you worse as I have found in the past but if you can find right one for you it is really good.

oohnana24
06-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Thank you for your responses everyone. Lin,Does it matter what kind of bottle I use? also, I was told to mix lavender and jasmine and water in a bottle when spraying it on my pillow and use the almond base when applying to skin. Make sense?
And what is reflexology?

Lin
06-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Thank you for your responses everyone. Lin,Does it matter what kind of bottle I use? also, I was told to mix lavender and jasmine and water in a bottle when spraying it on my pillow and use the almond base when applying to skin. Make sense?
And what is reflexology?

No doesn't matter what bottle you use to mix it in, but they do sell bottles specifically for it in health shops where buy the essential oils. Yes, only mix it with the almond oil base oil if going to use it for massage or for smelling.

I have never used my own essential oils on my pillow, only ones I have bought especially for the pillow, so can't help on that one. But you definitely would not put the almond oil in it for your pillow.

Reflexology is where they use the points on your feet which correspond to parts of your body. It is brilliant and when it is right person for you, you can actually feel the part of the body she is working on while she is touching your feet. If they are good they can tell you from your feet what is wrong with you. Mine can make my mood improve, and cleared my sinuses one week, and one week I was having trouble with ovaries and she made it hurt. Often if it hurts during treatment it hurts again a few days later and then goes away and is better. It is also relaxing because they have lovely music on and use lovely oils on your feet. So relaxing as well as helps with anything wrong with you.
I had not come on for 2 years without tablets, and my reflexologist made me come on the next day, my doctor was well impressed, and said to keep seeing her regularly. My husband is sceptical but also he hates it because I have to pay for it and he is tight about spending! But well worth the money if find right person.

mykids12
06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
I also keep valium on me as a safety net(yeah I freakin' hate it) .... and that's not uncommon with panic disorder. I really would rethink an ssri like zoloft/celexa/prozac again as the herbals are of unknown quality and not proven very good. Just some quick thoughts. Going in to talk over all the stuff that you've been through might help as well. Alankay

So the meds you just mentioned are for anxiety as well? I was under the assumption they were anti depressants or do they all kind if work the same? I am on lorazepam and not sure if it works for me. Would one of these others be a better one to try?

mid
06-05-2013, 10:33 PM
I take magnesium and am on zoloft. I would have a drug interaction survey done to make sure you are in a normal range. I do the massage on the feet and hands and ears and have found relief in a lot of physical symptoms. Anxiety and depression are in the same field, different ranges. For me, I describe the depression as below the horizon of sea level, and anxiety as the sky above the horizon of sea level. Keep a journal to help you find what works best for you.

Lin
06-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Oohnana24 hope you are getting on OK with trying the essential oils and they are helping. Remember to persevere with things t give them time to help.

oohnana24
06-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Lin, I have been using a Lavender/Jasmine mix with a touch of rosemary for focus and it is calming. However, I still am getting anticipated anxiety. But I have discovered two new solutions which I hope help others as well.

!) I have been taking Magnesium and Sam-e for about 3 weeks. For the first two weeks, I was taking them at separate times until I read that I should take them both at the same time upon waking a half hour before breakfast. I have done so for about a week and my general mood has improved tremendously, life has slowed down a bit inside my head (although it's hard right now because i am a teacher and it's the last few weeks of school when kids are off the wall). I am hopeful that this combo will continue to help.

2) When I am on the heels of a panic attack, for example driving in traffic with passengers in the car, instead of telling myself in my head to stop worrying, that there is nothing to worry about, why am I being so stupid about this etc. etc. I have learned to do the exact opposite, in other words trick my brain. I will say something like, "Why am I handling his traffic so well?" but say it in an affirmative tone as opposed to a quizzical tone. "It's amazing how well I am handling this traffic," or " Why am I so good and driving in traffic." It really works. I am also going to explore breathing techniques but am unfamiliar with some at the moment.

I hope all is well with you Lin and everyone else as well. Let us all conquer this silliness which only exists inside our head. Life is all about perception, we can defeat anxiety.

Lin
06-10-2013, 11:01 PM
I haven't been on forum for few days because been so low and struggling.

What is Sam e? I am now taking multi vitamin plus extra vitamin D3 and iron.

My gynae problems really bad at moment and really affecting mood. I see my mental health nurse this morning so hope helps me but gynaecologist on Friday has no more ideas at moment except persevere and take iron and hope settle. So disappointed thought he as going to help.
Then decided would be positive about job and new boss but felt so ill and low all day yesterday did not manage it at all and hated work again. Going try positive again today and hope works better - sound like it is for you.

oohnana24
06-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Sam-e is an amino acid. Research Histadelia. You may have too much histamine. Taking Sam-e and magnesium together have helped improve my mood. You should research it or ask your doc when you see him today.

Lin
06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Sam-e is an amino acid. Research Histadelia. You may have too much histamine. Taking Sam-e and magnesium together have helped improve my mood. You should research it or ask your doc when you see him today.

Thank you, I will make a note and ask about this. Lin