PDA

View Full Version : has anyone else had this????? :(

vonnhelsing
06-04-2013, 11:17 AM
i read threads on here all the time about people experiencing skipped heart beats and ectopic beats etc
but has anyone ever got a series of skipped heart beats in a row lasting around 10 seconds and it sort of knocks your breath away and feels like your heart is pumping the blood but its stuck and not able to flow proper?
it's so so so so scary.. i have it every once in a while and it's horrific.
it's not a single skipped heart beat its a super loooong one. :(
anyone??

NixonRulz
06-04-2013, 01:32 PM
I used to get them more often than I cared to, that's for certain

I still occasionally get one that last an inordinate amount if time

It does take your breath away and I always just wait for my heart to start beating again

Pretty happy that it does, I might add.

I've told my doc about them years ago. Said they are normal.

Every symptom I ever told my doc about, they would say that it is normal.

Then they would tell me my anxiety is not normal.

No wonder it took me so long to understand this disorder.

sharacel91
06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
I get these :( not sure why! Sometimes it's just one and others its a lonnnnng one or lots together it scares me

vonnhelsing
06-04-2013, 01:53 PM
i feel like it has something to do with posture because i've noticed that every time i get this it's when ive been sitting with my back hunched, or i've bent down, or i was lying in bed with half my back up against the wall and my neck bent. hmmmm...
also, i have the same feeling a certain amount of time before i get it, like i can almost predict when im going to get one because i'll feel short of breath and my stomach will feel bloated. this time i also had a ringing in my ears before it happened.
such scary stuff..

ramman1505
06-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Have you all noticed that these episodes are more prevalent when relaxing or simply driving?

Hannah_28
06-04-2013, 02:38 PM
I get this a lot I'm at the point now that I only go out to work and college because I have no choice I can't cope with the outside world anymore :( as I'm sure it makes things worse.

leetbulldog
06-04-2013, 02:41 PM
I get this as well.. They scare the hell out of me... :/

ramman1505
06-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Today I was sitting at work and I felt my stomach rumbling and felt gassy. Then I had pain in my chest and back. I thought it was a heart attack so I took some asprin just in case. I went home early because if it. Does anyone else get the rumbling or gassy feeling right before the pain comes on? This does not always happen but when it does I know something is coming.

Hannah_28
06-04-2013, 03:20 PM
I do. Do you think maybe its a physical result of the stressful feelings of anxiety?

sharacel91
06-04-2013, 03:48 PM
I seem to get it when I start to relax more to be honest ill be say on the sofa watching tv " chilling" out and it will happen!! Out of the blue sometimes it takes my breath away to be honest and it literally feels like my heart has stopped for doubles in beats it very odd

scared44
06-04-2013, 04:08 PM
I also get these horrible heart palps,skipped beats and heart pounding through my chest!! After 28yrs it still scares me :/ Have a good day everyone!!

Blessed
06-04-2013, 04:37 PM
I also get these horrible heart palps,skipped beats and heart pounding through my chest!! After 28yrs it still scares me :/ Have a good day everyone!!

So you have dealt with heart palps, pounding heart and skipped beats for 28 years???? I am so sorry. I couldn't imagine. Bless you!

frankzito
06-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Get em too, and sometimes they cause me to get a little dizzy and tingly like I'm gonna pass out. Most of mine are when my anxiety is high and when get up from a kneeled position or lying on the couch. Sometime I cough real fast to get back on track . Not very pleasant at all

scared44
06-04-2013, 04:52 PM
So you have dealt with heart palps, pounding heart and skipped beats for 28 years???? I am so sorry. I couldn't imagine. Bless you!

Hi Blessed how are you doing well I hope? Yes I've had the heart thing for 28 very long yrs! The thing that worries me though is that I had a bi lateral mastectomy and when I was on the operating table I had a heart attack, then 6mths later I had my second one! So for me when my heart does these funny things I could be having an attack and just dont know it :( that scares me

Blessed
06-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Oh my word I'm so sorry.

Lin
06-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Vonhelsing - problems with heart flutters and feeling like it is banging or missing a beat are common when anxious. If you have been to a doctor and ruled out any illness then you need to try to relax and realise it is a symptom of anxiety. It is horrible and scary but you will come through them and need to learn to relax during them so they stop. So low deep regular breathing while it is happening and concentrate on your breathing will help you to calm down and the heart flutters etc will stop.

ramman1505
06-04-2013, 08:40 PM
I do. Do you think maybe its a physical result of the stressful feelings of anxiety?

I believe so. I can feel something coming on before it, but once I feel the rumbling stomach I know it's definitely gonna happen.

Hannah_28
06-05-2013, 07:37 AM
It's more likely to occur for me when I'm around people or at the prospect that I'm going to have to go out this makes me agree with you I think it's related to times when the anxiety is worse.

autumnbee123
08-16-2013, 05:29 AM
I've gotten this a lot. Especially when I would try to sleep. It would feel like my heart completely stops for a second or two. Like my blood completely stops flowing in my body. Then my heart will start racing and beating harder than ever! I feel light headed and weird I general all the time.

Jugz
08-16-2013, 10:16 AM
That's most likely a physical problem and you should probably go to a MD about that.

autumnbee123
08-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Mm, no. I've had EKGs and my heart is fine.