PDA

View Full Version : Institutionalised

Chloe
06-04-2013, 03:11 AM
Has anybody been into hospital or anything for their anxiety/depression?

PorschaLeigh
06-04-2013, 03:22 AM
I go to hospital quite often, usually because I think I'm having a heart attack, stroke or something else serious, it's usually put down to anxiety after all the tests have been done!

scared44
06-04-2013, 03:30 AM
Has anybody been into hospital or anything for their anxiety/depression?

Hi Chloe hope your well? I've been in hospital many times over the last 28yrs! The first time was when I had my first panic attack when I was 12yrs old, then over the years Ive been in and out. I've also had to go into pshyc units due to many suicide attempts. But over the last 5yrs or so I've had no more admissions,which is great for me! Do you think you need to be in hospital at this time? Take care and if you need to talk please feel free to contact me :) xx

Chloe
06-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Hi scared44,

Not doing so well :( struggling to cope I feel like I need help but am scared to go into a hospital/institution. I'm not suicidal but I feel I cannot take much more.

It really helps to talk so I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I am happy that you haven't been in one for a while which means you are getting better? So there is hope!

Thanks x

Chloe
06-04-2013, 03:46 AM
Hi Porschaleigh,
Did they offer you any help though in there or just sent you on your way?

PorschaLeigh
06-04-2013, 03:57 AM
Some times they send me on my way or sometimes they send the report to my GP and suggest I be referred to a psychologist or some other type of counciling after numerous medications I now refuse to take them and going to try talking to someone, I'm currently at the same point as you where I'm that fed up I feel like I'm going to go crazy and end up in an institute! Hope you're okay x

Chloe
06-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Yes it's so weird I feel like I'm crazy and have this fear of going into an institution. I've tried medication and am on one I have been fine for the last 2 months and than bam it hit me. Maybe I need new meds but I hate changing its horrible.

Arghh so frustrating!!

I hope you can find something that works for you this is no way to live!

PorschaLeigh
06-04-2013, 04:11 AM
I'm exactly the same, I have a four year old son though and that's what scares me the most, the thought of being admitted and leaving him,y anxiety is my health and I constantly think ok going to die, any medication I take I'm convinced its going to cause my heart to fail or liver! I've heard a few people on here suggest books, I just don't know which one to try! Maybe you could up your dose on medication! Being on here makes you realise you're not on your own! That's a great help x

Chloe
06-04-2013, 04:24 AM
Yeah I was trying for a baby before this happened so now ill be putting that off!

Well hopefully your son can help you to pull through this, have you always suffered or is it just recently?

The thing is crazy people don't know they are going crazy so as much as we think we are, we aren't we just cannot control it. It would probably would make me worse if I went in anyways but what other option is there when there isn't enough help out here!

I never wanted to take meds at the start which was a year ago but I had to come to terms with it just like diabetics they need meds and so do we unfortunately. I just wish there was a magic pill and you didn't have to try so many that's the crap part!

It is definitely a lot of help this forum it's amazing how many ppl suffer from this.

X

scared44
06-04-2013, 04:51 AM
Hi scared44,

Not doing so well :( struggling to cope I feel like I need help but am scared to go into a hospital/institution. I'm not suicidal but I feel I cannot take much more.

It really helps to talk so I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I am happy that you haven't been in one for a while which means you are getting better? So there is hope!

Thanks x

Hi Chloe, Sorry your not doing so good! Maybe it would be a good idea to have a short stay in a pshyc unit. They will help you with getting your medication stabilized,councelling,group thearapy ect. Its really not that bad going into hospital. It also gives you time out from family,friends. It has helped me many times and it's nothing to be ashamed of as we all need help at some point in our lives. Take care sweetie. (Hugs) xx

scared44
06-04-2013, 04:53 AM
Hi Chloe, Sorry your not doing so good! Maybe it would be a good idea to have a short stay in a pshyc unit. They will help you with getting your medication stabilized,councelling,group thearapy ect. Its really not that bad going into hospital. It also gives you time out from family,friends. It has helped me many times and it's nothing to be ashamed of as we all need help at some point in our lives. Take care sweetie. (Hugs) xx

Also dont be afraid to take medication even if it's for a short time!!

PorschaLeigh
06-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah I was trying for a baby before this happened so now ill be putting that off!

Well hopefully your son can help you to pull through this, have you always suffered or is it just recently?

The thing is crazy people don't know they are going crazy so as much as we think we are, we aren't we just cannot control it. It would probably would make me worse if I went in anyways but what other option is there when there isn't enough help out here!

I never wanted to take meds at the start which was a year ago but I had to come to terms with it just like diabetics they need meds and so do we unfortunately. I just wish there was a magic pill and you didn't have to try so many that's the crap part!

It is definitely a lot of help this forum it's amazing how many ppl suffer from this.

X

That's a shame! And yeah, he's the only thing that helps me, it started for me when he was two so it was two years ago, I panic about his health too which is another stress, that's made me feel a little better knowing crazy people don't know they're going crazy! I know what you mean about there not being enough help out there though! I'm glad I found this forum! I stopped taking my medication because I didn't wanna be reliant on it and they didn't fix my problems! I wish there was a magic pill too! Our lives would be much easier if there were x

MainerMikeBrown
06-04-2013, 03:01 PM
It's been almost two years since I've been in the hospital. But I've been in hospitals many times over the years due to depression and anxiety.

Mental hospitals and psych wards have never been a place I've wanted to go. But on the other hand, I don't find them to be terrible places either.

I remember the first time I went to a mental hospital. I thought it was going to be worse than it actually was, for me anyway.

Lin
06-04-2013, 03:34 PM
I have found going into a mental hospital a great relief when I have needed it. Nothing to be scared about and evetry one just like us - normal people with a mental illness.
Hospitals give you chance to get away from all your worries and people and gives you head rest you badly need at times.
I also don't mind taking meds - have tried with and without and usually found it easier taking them.
Also i try other things like meditation and reflexology which really help.