PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

PorschaLeigh
06-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to this, thought I would try something different to medication and constantly harassing my GP with my problems! I have really bad health anxiety, everyday I wake up thinking I'm going to die, convince myself I have cancer or a brain tumour. I have constant aches and pains, I have something called hemicrania continua which is repetitive migraines, I have been for numerous ECGs, blood tests and MRI scans, most of the time they come back fine but I'm still convinced there's something wrong with me, I have tingling sensation in my face as we speak so I automatically think I'm going to have a stroke! It's literally taking over my life and I'm so fed up, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this any easier?

princesskj
06-03-2013, 05:53 PM
I have the same thing, right now i have shooting pains in my head for 2 weeks

PorschaLeigh
06-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Awful isn't it? I'm sick of taking medication to try and prevent it when it just seems to be making me worse!

princesskj
06-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Yes it is awful. I'm not on meds right now cause it didn't work anyway

PorschaLeigh
06-04-2013, 02:53 AM
Medication didn't do much for me but I'm lost now on what to do

princesskj
06-04-2013, 03:46 AM
Medication didn't do much for me but I'm lost now on what to do

Yea me to. I'm going to try therapy at the end of the month.

PorschaLeigh
06-04-2013, 04:15 AM
I have been offered therapy and I think it's my last option, I'm going to have to try it, it's good to know there's so many people who are the same, obviously it's a shame it's so common and there's so many people experiencing this but it's nice to know you're not alone!

shaikhrahuf
06-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Same here i also asked my doc to stop meds.. but he has kept on tablet at night, and yes theraphy works..

PorschaLeigh
06-04-2013, 02:01 PM
I stopped mine end of last year because they didn't really help and I refuse to be reliant I think I'm going to have to try the therapy!

mid
06-04-2013, 05:26 PM
I strongly suggest using therapy to help find your inner calm, learn techniques to build your strength, and to know that it's natural. I'm on zoloft, sertaline, for the management of the worst symptoms that happen in the evening with my normal daily living activities. However, I am in cognitive behavior therapy to improve my ability to manage on my own - and the information I learn through different assignments is used to build upon the basic assignment I did in the beginning. I have a private journal that I use to help me, and this question is one of the most common ones I see in my journal as well. You are not alone with this. Best wishes.

Lin
06-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Porshaleigh it sounds like therapy will work for you because you sound very definite about trying it. Often if you go into something positive it will work for you.
If you feel it is your next step go for it and I hope it helps.
All the things you describe like tingling are usual things you get with anxiety so if therapy can help you to relax then it will stop these anxiety attacks for you.

PorschaLeigh
06-05-2013, 03:10 AM
I strongly suggest using therapy to help find your inner calm, learn techniques to build your strength, and to know that it's natural. I'm on zoloft, sertaline, for the management of the worst symptoms that happen in the evening with my normal daily living activities. However, I am in cognitive behavior therapy to improve my ability to manage on my own - and the information I learn through different assignments is used to build upon the basic assignment I did in the beginning. I have a private journal that I use to help me, and this question is one of the most common ones I see in my journal as well. You are not alone with this. Best wishes.

Everyone seems to suggest therapy and I know it has helped a lot of people, the medication didn't work so maybe this will? I can't seem to concentrate to get anything down, I'm at that point where I'm breaking down everyday, snapping at friends and family, I literally can't think straight, I've tried a journal myself and ended up ripping the pages out cos I'm struggling to get a sentence together that actually makes some sort of sense, I'm in the doctors at the minute waiting to be seen I'm going to have to get something it's ruining my life I just want to be normal again! Thanks Mid!

PorschaLeigh
06-05-2013, 03:13 AM
Porshaleigh it sounds like therapy will work for you because you sound very definite about trying it. Often if you go into something positive it will work for you.
If you feel it is your next step go for it and I hope it helps.
All the things you describe like tingling are usual things you get with anxiety so if therapy can help you to relax then it will stop these anxiety attacks for you.

I tried psychology when I was sixteen for other reasons and that seemed to help massively, but with this being completely different and it being my health I'm scared for I'm sceptical on weather it would work, I just see it as my last option. I'm sick of thinking I'm going to die whenever something is wrong with me, the doctors put it down to anxiety but I honestly don't understand how it can cause so many aches and pains, migraines, cheat pains, numbness, it's all so confusing and draining I am so fed up. Thanks Lin!

mykids12
06-05-2013, 02:57 PM
I also have aches and pains. These symptoms are fairly new because before it was throat problems and tingling. Now my whole body hurts. I'd rather deal with the tingling and throat problems than the body pains.

mid
06-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Instead of ripping the pages out, close the page, and draw something. If you're having trouble with words, drawing it out will release some of the feeling and let you relax a bit. Doodle works too. I stopped ripping the pages out when the doctor said that looking at the writing would help give me clues and it worked. Where you have histamine overload, sinus problems are often the result. Tingling comes from the muscle contractions and relaxing, pressure on the nerves, so when you practice flow motion, often you can release the resting tension a bit. Hope this helps.

PorschaLeigh
06-07-2013, 07:12 PM
I also have aches and pains. These symptoms are fairly new because before it was throat problems and tingling. Now my whole body hurts. I'd rather deal with the tingling and throat problems than the body pains.

It's so strange the amount of people with anxiety suffer from these same symptoms! The aches and pains are now becoming unbearable, I don't want to do anything, changing positions is hurting me, I feel like I have the joints and muscles of someone triple my age, I'm only 21, surely my body can't be giving up just yet!

PorschaLeigh
06-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Instead of ripping the pages out, close the page, and draw something. If you're having trouble with words, drawing it out will release some of the feeling and let you relax a bit. Doodle works too. I stopped ripping the pages out when the doctor said that looking at the writing would help give me clues and it worked. Where you have histamine overload, sinus problems are often the result. Tingling comes from the muscle contractions and relaxing, pressure on the nerves, so when you practice flow motion, often you can release the resting tension a bit. Hope this helps.

Coincidentally drawing is something i love, just never thought of it as something that could possibly help me with this! I shall give this a try! And I didn't know that about the tingling, that makes me feel better! Thanks Mid!

ac17
08-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Where are you experiencing the tingling? Today I got the tingling in my hands and feet and its been spiking my anxiety all afternoon :(

MissyTone
08-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Hey y'all .....I also have migranes but I didn't know what it was until I saw a neurologist. I also have neuropathy damage. I know what you mean about constant pain....sometimes my clothing was to much on my skin or the sheet beneath me would be a little wrinkled but I felt like I was laying on a rope or rock. I am also going to ask my DR about therapy....since my attacks are taking over my world. Hopefully you all get the help you need..

funnyyface
08-15-2013, 12:45 PM
As a fellow sufferer of severe health anxiety, I can relate to you 100%. The past couple days, I've had severe muscle weakness/fatigue in my legs and arms. It feels like my knees are going to buckle and I'm going to collapse or something. Of course, that hasn't actually happened, despite the feelings and fear. I've also been dizzy and had tihs "floaty" feeling. This could be attributed to my inner ear and sinus problems, but it's difficult to rationalize with anxiety. Anyway, I'm terrified that I have MS (Multiple Sclerosis), as it runs on both sides of my family. I hate being fearful ALL the time.

sazaroo
08-16-2013, 03:58 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new to this, thought I would try something different to medication and constantly harassing my GP with my problems! I have really bad health anxiety, everyday I wake up thinking I'm going to die, convince myself I have cancer or a brain tumour. I have constant aches and pains, I have something called hemicrania continua which is repetitive migraines, I have been for numerous ECGs, blood tests and MRI scans, most of the time they come back fine but I'm still convinced there's something wrong with me, I have tingling sensation in my face as we speak so I automatically think I'm going to have a stroke! It's literally taking over my life and I'm so fed up, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this any easier?

What you have just said is how i feel everyday i always thort i was a freak cuz i didnt know ppl suffered thort it was me and i was going nuts xx

beachymg
08-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Yea, I've had anxiety pains for more than two years now. I get pains all over my chest, pain on my left arm, left leg, jaw, fast heart beats, which always makes me feel like i'm about to have a heart attack. I've had counseling for a couple months and it helped a little bit. they've prescribed medicines that I don't take because I'm scared of the side effects and worried i'll be addicted to it. I just try to keep myself busy. When my anxiety is really bad, I try to either sleep it off or distract my mind by doing something positive like working out, cooking, eating, watching tv, reading a magazine, etc..