PDA

View Full Version : Breathing

midnit7
06-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Does anyone else have a hard time breathing with anxiety?

And, what are your ways of getting through it.

stocktona
06-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Yep. Pretty much Everytime I have an attack. Silly as it sounds i just explain to myself that I know what's going on and I'm just being a freak. I always feel like I'm short of breath because I start breathing so fast and thinking about breathing. I know it's hard to do sometimes but really focus on breathing NORMAL. Nice and slow...... That usually helps it to pass for me.... Hope that helped a little.

j2005
06-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Practice deep breathing daily. Especially when you are not feeling anxious. Don't focus on the breathing; occupy your mind. Meditation is a life-changing tool.

u4ea
06-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Yes, I find that's one, if not the most annoying symptom for me. It usually triggers other anxiety symptoms - light headedness, sweating, feeling faint; it really sucks. In fact, feeling like I couldn't breathe was the first symptom, of my first panic episode in January.

Not fun - Yesterday was a bad day with them...

2long
06-03-2013, 08:37 AM
I used to get that alot... The more I focused in it the worse it got... I used to just occupy myself to take my mind off of it... Hard at first but does get easier x

cabcom
06-03-2013, 07:22 PM
The moment your mind goes to thinking about your breathing, it will change. The mind will not be convinced that you are doing it properly, and this leads to the feelings, etc as you try to help your body breath. Your body needs no help, so how I cope with it is just let it do its thing without trying to interfere....even if my breathing is shallow, and feels inadequate and wrong.