PDA

View Full Version : Hello

conditionoakland
08-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Greetings everyone. I am a 20 year old male student. Boy am I glad to find this forum!

I've been freaking out over health stuff for some time (have been known as a hypochondriac or germophobe), and when I have a reprieve from that I find myself obsessing over other problems like the energy crisis, global warming, my career path, etc. Like many of you, I was addicted to looking up my symptoms on Google and then of course, I suffered the resulting freak out when I was told that something as simple as a headache meant I had a brain tumor.

I just recently sought psychiatric help and that has not yet left the evaluation stage. I should have gone to a doctor when I was ohhh...14 or so, and experiencing strong symptoms of depression. Needless to say my therapist has his work cut out for him =).

Anyway, it's nice to have a place where I can relate my fears and realize that other people are experiencing the same things that I am. Looking forward to talking with all of you!

blkpitbull
08-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Welcome, I just joined also and am glad I found this space.....Not alot of activity, but maybe thatll change. Need me email me!

Todd

imported_admin
08-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Hi conditionoakland, and welcome to the forum! Yes it is great to have a place you can read and relate to other peoples stories :)