PDA

View Full Version : fear of public transport. needing advice

vonnhelsing
05-31-2013, 12:10 PM
i had the biggest panic attack ever on a full bus about a year and a half ago and since that moment i have not been able to get on a bus without feeling sick and having massive panic attacks.
it's my company bus and i have to get on it to be able to get to work which is a 25 minute ride. so for the past year and a half i've barely been taking the bus (i can only get on it if it's the last one for the hour and its relatively empty) and i've had to resort to taking taxi's which has made me so broke. half my salary is spent on taxi's. i dont know what to do.
im also late to work a lot of the time due to taking the last bus or having to find a taxi. the people at work dont understand AT ALL and think im making excuses and im scared im going to get fired.
i've tried just facing it but it's just so distressing being on that bus full of people and knowing that i cannot get out under any circumstances (the buses are not allowed to stop) just seeing the bus makes me shaky and nervous and jittery. im really traumatized by them.
anyone ever had this problem?? how did you get through it?

locksey
05-31-2013, 12:29 PM
i had the biggest panic attack ever on a full bus about a year and a half ago and since that moment i have not been able to get on a bus without feeling sick and having massive panic attacks.
it's my company bus and i have to get on it to be able to get to work which is a 25 minute ride. so for the past year and a half i've barely been taking the bus (i can only get on it if it's the last one for the hour and its relatively empty) and i've had to resort to taking taxi's which has made me so broke. half my salary is spent on taxi's. i dont know what to do.
im also late to work a lot of the time due to taking the last bus or having to find a taxi. the people at work dont understand AT ALL and think im making excuses and im scared im going to get fired.
i've tried just facing it but it's just so distressing being on that bus full of people and knowing that i cannot get out under any circumstances (the buses are not allowed to stop) just seeing the bus makes me shaky and nervous and jittery. im really traumatized by them.
anyone ever had this problem?? how did you get through it?

Yeah I dnt use public transport but thankfully I drive now ... I use to have to get off the bus many a time and walk and I use to hate been in a bus and stick in traffic , like u sed, u cnt just get off .... Can't give u advice on how to get thru it as I still wudnt go on a bus / train ( unless it was nighttime and dark )..... Can go anywhere wen it is dark outside :-/