PDA

View Full Version : It gets so bad

tabs
05-31-2013, 05:40 AM
Hi!

I have some issues with my tonsils after a strep throat that I had 15 months ago and need them to be removed. I have a surgery planned in December, but I can't wait it anymore. My tonsils are not really good and I know that unhealthy tonsils can damage heart, joints and kidneys. That's what I basically fear. I checked my blood and the levels were above normal, I also had ECG, but it showed that everything was fine. The real problem is that I can't make a difference between symptoms that are caused by anxiety and symptoms that are present due to bad tonsils. Problematic tonsils can cause arrythmia which is partially linked to producing anxiety. One of my relatives had her heart damaged by tonsils and she even had fainted during cardio workout! I am totally afraid of fainting! Also I am terrified because if I even hypothetically had arrythmia then it would be very serious medical condition. I don't want to google it, but lack of knowledge drives me crazy! I have occasional pains in left chest, but I am not sure whether it's anxiety or heart issue. I think constantly about all this stuff and I can't get rid of these thoughts until I undergo a surgery, but I have to wait it too damn long! It can't go on forever, these thoughts and symptoms interfere with my ability to work and proceed with my ambitious plans.

Please help me! I need advice from those who have had similar issues. How did you manage your condition?

missmello
05-31-2013, 06:48 AM
Try calling the place where you are having your surgery and ask them if it is at all possible to move the surgery date up. Explain to them you are miserable and really cannot wait that long. There maybe something they can do. Also, if the doctors really thought it was serious, they wouldn't make you wait so long, so try not to worry. You will be fine!

Arrhythmia is just a fancy word for, your heart may skip or beats a little irregular, but it isn't life threatening. When I went to the emergency room once with a panic attack my heart was beating extremely fast. They told me I had arrythmia, which after a bunch of tests my cardiologist said I didn't and I was fine. It was provably beating a little funny because I was in panic mode.

Are you on antibiotics or anything? What is it about your tonsils that is bothering you?

missmello
05-31-2013, 06:53 AM
Also, fainting during a cardio workout is not so uncommon. Maybe she didn't have enough to eat before her workout? She was probably dehydrated and her blood pressure probably dropped from exercise, causing her to faint. This has happened to me before! It was only once.. but I was on a bike for like a half hour, and when I got off of it the room was spinning and I started to black out. It's because I got off the bike too fast.