PDA

View Full Version : Ugh this anxiety!!!

stocktona
05-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Oooook..... This is weird I KNOW. All of the sudden I'm sitting on the couch and my ankle starts burning. So of course I freak out and there's a little whelp and another beside it.... So now I'm thinking my arm is burning and "oh no is anything else gonna feel like its burning"!?! I know that sounds so dumb but how the heck do you deal with this!!? Lol sorry I wish I could go back to the days where I didn't freak out over every little thing all the time...

Lin
05-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Anxiety disorder s horrible and can make all your illnesses appear real to you. The only thing you can do is see a Dr and rule out all your symptoms and once you know you are well and it is your anxiety causing the physical symptoms then you need to learn some techniques to handle it and calm down.
Meditation is one of the best ways. You can go to a group or just on your own each day find a quiet place and sit and concentrate on your breathing, letting thoughts and worries pass through without stopping and dwelling on them. This slows down your breathing so you calm down and also gives your head a rest from the worries. Just a few minutes a day helps aand you can build up to longer each day.
Hope you can try it and persevere so that it works for you. You have to keep trying and not worry if it takes a while to work.
Hope this helps and I hope the forum helps because it helps to know that you are not alone with your symptoms and fears because there are so many of us all the same.

stocktona
06-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Thank you for your response. I think I will start trying to work meditation in. (Around two small children) lol

Thanks again! :)