PDA

View Full Version : breathing trouble and anxiety

scott88
05-30-2013, 02:35 PM
ever have trouble bretahing iwth anxiety? like your standing in line an dthen it hits and you feel like your suffocating an dyou just wanna run away? how do you prevent that/?

Anxious Abi
05-30-2013, 02:46 PM
I get the same all the time, like everything is closing in on you, you can't breathe, and you just want run as far as you can, back to that safe place. I have no idea how to prevent it, I'm sorry.
The advice I was given; You have to remember that the symptoms you're having is not something serious, you're not going to suffocate. Use self positive statements, such as, It's only anxiety, I CAN get through it.
That's all I have I'm afraid, and it doesn't always help me, but I'm sure there's others who will be able to help more.

cabcom
05-30-2013, 02:58 PM
It happens when our minds try to get involve and help us to breath. Our bodies don't need that help or interference, so when it comes it results in that suffocating feeling. I find that if in my mind, I practically tell my muscles to relax, it helps. Feel yourself relaxing especially in your throat and chest area...just let it go. If you run, your mind will attach that to the feeling and you're going to want to do that every time you feel that way.

u4ea
05-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Me too - my worst symptom to be honest. Unfortunately, I have no way to get rid of it. I've noticed a few of my worst experiences were at supermarkets.

Illusionist210
05-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Ok so I'm having the same problem as we speak like as in right F'n now. I've been yawning and it is helping me to get that deep breathing feeling back...so tonight when I

Illusionist210
05-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Lol sorry didn't finish lol....soooo tonight when I get home I'm gonna YouTube or google how to make yourself yawn to breathe better. Try it with me.