PDA

View Full Version : Using anger

Wren
08-20-2007, 04:07 PM
I tend to use anger to mask my depression. I'll come across as angry or cruel etc. when I'm really just angry at myself. I may lash out at my family or seem irritable, even though I don't like it and that's not how I want them to see me. I'm just so down on myself and don't know how to deal with it, and this anger and discontent I have for myself comes out in different ways that I know it shouldn't. How do I stop this? I really make a sincere effort to keep this under control as much as I can, to just stop and think before I let my depression act for me. I know I shouldn't misplace my anger, but sometimes I just get so low that it's all I can feel, and it unfortunately comes across to the people around me.

MrRobin
08-30-2007, 08:31 PM
i feel very bad for you my friend, thats all I can say. Personally i Like to take a walk in the fresh air, rain it doesn´t matter. Just go out and think. That has worked great for me. Good luck!

kombi86
08-24-2008, 02:56 PM
it sounds like you have a personality disorder witch WILL make you act the way you do.
and its totally diff from deppresion.
i also have a personality disorder and i act the same way.
i just lash out at loved ones and i feel really bad afterwards because i dont mean it and i love them but just cant help it.
go on google and type in personality disorders and you will get more info.
and also see your doc about this because from my experance it looks more like a personality disorder.

bba
08-24-2008, 10:08 PM
i get this way sometimes too. for no reason. ive actually learned to say a disclaimer. its something you can do. you can say, 'im sorry im angry today and i will probably say things i dont mean to say. its not you. im just angry.' and then try your best to keep your mouth shut all day. sometimes if im really angry i will simply say 'im angry. do not talk to me today or be around me.' and that's it. you can chose to warn people and own your emotions by letting others know its not their fault you are angry. it will help them and you.