PDA

View Full Version : Genital sensation and anxiety

Webby
05-30-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi, I have struggled with anxiety for a long time. There are times when it is over something that is easy to talk about and other times when it is embarassing. I would appreciate some input. I have a therapist but can't see her very often.

Does anyone experience a mild sensation in the genital area sometimes when stressed or annoyed? It feels like one or two pulses or a tingle. (I am female btw.) The sensation doesn't hurt but doesn't feel wonderful either. This feeling does not come with sexual desire. I felt this recently during a stressful dream. Another time, I was annoyed at someone interupting me and talking endless about a silly topic while I was trying to watch a movie.

In contrast, actual sexual arousal feels different and a lot more pleasurable. It feels great and I generally feel happy. Also, when I am sexually aroused, there is usually sexual desire.

I look forward to some responses. It is just a weird feeling that I wish to better understand. It is weird topic to talk about, so I came here. Thanks!

missmello
05-30-2013, 09:19 AM
I can't relate to this, but if you notice it when you are stressed, then its most likely just a symptom of anxiety. Everyone deals with stress differently, and there are so many weird things that stress can do to your body. I wouldnt worry about it, sounds harmless.

Anxious Abi
05-31-2013, 01:48 AM
I unfortunately do suffer from something similar when getting anxious, it's like I feel the anxiety down there, I have always found it extremely strange. I often feel the need to cross my legs real tight when the sensation arises, and end up getting even more flustered and uncomfortable.
I don't know anything about it, or what it is, but it would be nice to know if it's a 'normal' anxiety reaction and why it happens.

scared44
05-31-2013, 02:03 AM
Hi, I have struggled with anxiety for a long time. There are times when it is over something that is easy to talk about and other times when it is embarassing. I would appreciate some input. I have a therapist but can't see her very often.

Does anyone experience a mild sensation in the genital area sometimes when stressed or annoyed? It feels like one or two pulses or a tingle. (I am female btw.) The sensation doesn't hurt but doesn't feel wonderful either. This feeling does not come with sexual desire. I felt this recently during a stressful dream. Another time, I was annoyed at someone interupting me and talking endless about a silly topic while I was trying to watch a movie.

In contrast, actual sexual arousal feels different and a lot more pleasurable. It feels great and I generally feel happy. Also, when I am sexually aroused, there is usually sexual desire.

I look forward to some responses. It is just a weird feeling that I wish to better understand. It is weird topic to talk about, so I came here. Thanks!

Hi I'm a long time sufferer of gad,anxiety,social phobia ect for 28 long yrs!! There are times that I also feel certain sensations (down stairs) lol. To me I think and feel that it is some kind of sexual arousal but am not sure why this happens? My moto is if it feels good it's o.k. sexual or not! :) hope this helps and enjoy the feeling dont let it get to you. Take care xx