PDA

View Full Version : Panicky when feeling "normal"

rhar
05-30-2013, 02:39 AM
I have been battling severe anxiety and panic attacks for 18 months now and it's only been lately that I have started feel my "normal" self again at times.

In these times I think "omg I feel normal again" and then I start to panic!!

How bloody ridiculous!!!!!

blondieqtpie
05-30-2013, 03:42 AM
I find my anxiety and panic will come and go... And ranges in intensity. Right now I'm feeling anxiety but its low.. And I'm sipping wine and know ill fall asleep again. I've been battling it for 15 years... But self medicated for quite a few years ... Was in a very dark place for a log time before I got help. It came with a trauma for me and I have PTSD which triggered anxiety and panic.
I just try and deal with it as best a I can. I recently have tried meditation... But having kids it hard to find quiet time for it. Or I put it off. Coming here helps sometimes. When its gotten really bad I have phoned a local crisis line.
Know you are not alone and here is a good place to talk to others who understand and gain knowledge.

scared44
05-30-2013, 04:44 AM
I find my anxiety and panic will come and go... And ranges in intensity. Right now I'm feeling anxiety but its low.. And I'm sipping wine and know ill fall asleep again. I've been battling it for 15 years... But self medicated for quite a few years ... Was in a very dark place for a log time before I got help. It came with a trauma for me and I have PTSD which triggered anxiety and panic.
I just try and deal with it as best a I can. I recently have tried meditation... But having kids it hard to find quiet time for it. Or I put it off. Coming here helps sometimes. When its gotten really bad I have phoned a local crisis line.
Know you are not alone and here is a good place to talk to others who understand and gain knowledge.

Ive been battling panic attacks,gad,social phobia for 28 long yrs and for me as the yrs go on the worse I get?? I wish it would leave me the hell alone.... I hate it :( and I feel for you all. xxxx

ann007
05-30-2013, 09:26 AM
I get that. My anxiety is high in the morning ands when I don't have it I start over thinking why its not there....them bam there it is. Started CBT this last couple of months and that seems to be helping not overthinking it.