PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh :/

Halfmiler
05-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Ok so I'm in big big trouble. I have a journal that I write in when I feel anxious/ something is bothering me. I used this during the last semester when i was having a hard time with stress and anxiety. Basically the whole way through it's all negative. Well my sister read it and told my mom some of the stuff there. I mentioned how I was curious about cutting (I'd never do it though) and when my mom confronted me about it I admitted that. She seemed really upset and now I'm upset, I thought honesty would help the situation, but now I feel like I destroyed my relationship with my family....what do I do?!?

Tova
05-29-2013, 08:45 PM
What you should consider is being truthful about the fact that you are making a journal to vent so you won't hurt yourself!
Show and share with the family so they know you're in pain.
Let them know you've also joined this forum and why!
I bet mom gives you a huge understanding hug and supports you,just like when you hurt as a baby.
That's what moms do!!
Trust me,I'm a mom and that's what I would do!
I have done that just today for my daughter and she's 34 years old!

Tova
05-29-2013, 08:48 PM
FYI.
I too suffer from anxiety so I know how afraid and alone it can be....don't isolate your feelings,that just exacerbates the problem .
Let me know how you are please.
I care,so don't make me worry too!👍

Tova
05-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Well maybe one day after everyone is settled down you could explain what you just said to me.
It makes perfect sense to me,isolation is a wearing thing on an individual!
I've had to do that too!
You take care and stay in contact,you seem like nice person who's got things together !

Tova
05-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Much appreciated! I didn't think the journal was a bad idea, at least until someone decided to snoop through it! I'm just worried my family is going to treat me different now or be really upset and worried all the time. I already feel guilty and ashamed

That journal was a good idea,don't be sorry or feel upset because of the way you feel.
Those are natural reactions,keeping your thoughts on paper is a good thing so never feel bad about it.

Tova
05-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Thank you, what's done is done I suppose!

😏Good luck!
You seem like a great kid.

Illusionist210
05-30-2013, 04:10 PM
I say try not to let your mind run 10 steps ahead of what is actually going on. It's tough for everybody when it comes to anxiety. Trust me my mom did not understand what was going on and YES she said every possible thing you should not say to someone suffering from anxiety, but she didn't know what was going on. She just thought it was anxiety like everyone has. After many screaming matches and bumping heads, she finally said she would go online to do research on what anxiety really is and what it does to people. This was about 2wks ago when she said this to me. To this present day I don't talk to my mom much because she is giving me my space that I need to deal with this issue. I'm sure she doesn't like to be away from me, but she is doing it to help me and I'm sure that is what your family will do for you.