PDA

View Full Version : smoking and health anxiety

krayziee
05-29-2013, 04:42 AM
Who here smokes and has health anxiety? I do.

I started smoking when i was 15 and my anxiety started at 17/18. I really enjoy doing it as it gives me small times to relax and think.

I know it's stupid to smoke when u have health anxiety but I also think if I quit because of this health anxiety i am surrendering to my anxiety and decreasing the things i like to do. I have tried a few times but started smoking after a couple of months.

Share your story with me:-)

krayziee
05-29-2013, 04:12 PM
No one? Sorry for the bump.

Danny1986
05-29-2013, 05:49 PM
hi krayziee

i am going through very similar stuff recently.My anxiety levels went through the roof after going back on cigarettes recently.
Hence you worry why chest hurts or heart races,i have grown to accept that anxiety stems from alot more!!!! Instead of giving
up the things you like to do try a walk or some form of exercise.This helped with me even after my health anxiety.In relation to
smoking giving you relaxation and time to think there are millions of ways to find that time without having to smoke.I am finding it
incredibly difficult to give up so if you can then please do.

nf1234
05-29-2013, 07:55 PM
I would think cigarettes would probably make your anxiety a lot worse. I'm not a smoker so I can't say from experience but I know all of my friends who have successfully quit feel so much better!

blondieqtpie
05-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Smoking can feel calming at the time ... But the ingredients in cigarettes actually can aggravate anxiety. Have you tried Natural cigarettes ? You can make your own too. There are many legal herbs you can smoke . I made a mix of chamomile and passionflower as a tea ... And I've smoked it.. Both are calming herbs ... And you don't get harsh chemicals in your body. Oh and I was a smoker for Around 11 years before i quit.

1Goofy1
05-31-2013, 06:47 PM
Who here smokes and has health anxiety? I do.

I started smoking when i was 15 and my anxiety started at 17/18. I really enjoy doing it as it gives me small times to relax and think.

I know it's stupid to smoke when u have health anxiety but I also think if I quit because of this health anxiety i am surrendering to my anxiety and decreasing the things i like to do. I have tried a few times but started smoking after a couple of months.

Share your story with me:-)

I do the same thing, drive myself nuts. Anxious with withdrawal and anxious about the harm I am doing to myself.
I am getting older and it has really been bugging me. Wish I knew what to tell you.