PDA

View Full Version : why is it only the left side of my body?????

vonnhelsing
05-28-2013, 09:44 AM
does anyone have this problem where its literally only the left side of the body aching?
i have not felt pain or discomfort on my right side for years. but with my left arm, left leg, left foot and left side of my chest it is absolute non stop continuous pain and discomfort. is this from anxiety? it scares me because i feel like it's my heart or that there's a blocked artery somewhere on the left side.
also for the past 2 months i've had huge issues with my abdominal area. every time i eat food i feel nauseous and get severe chest pains.
if anyone can relate to this please let me know about it and how you handle it..

krayziee
05-28-2013, 09:46 AM
I have had left side only for the first years too and now I have aching in my whole body but yeah mostly on the left side.. would be weird if everyone had heart problems who has these left sides pains right? Lets hope so :)

missmello
05-28-2013, 11:10 AM
I get pains on the left side of my ribs and my left arm, never my right side. Don't you just love it!? LOL like i need more of a reason to freak out about my heart... but yes, it makes me worry that I might have a blocked artery too. I feel your pain.

As for the stomach issues, for a while I was extremely nauseous and couldnt even look at food. I had weird feelings in my chest too, it was just acid reflux/heartburn, which was all caused by anxiety. Our bodies are just hyper sensitive and over-active, so it can affect your stomach too. It's like a domino effect.

vonnhelsing
05-28-2013, 11:55 AM
it's a horrible thing anxiety..
constant battle between yourself and your body. just feel like my brain is trying to fight me. everytime i tell myself 'okay im feeling good, no pain no discomfort' then BAM! i feel the pain creeping up slowly and then my brain freaks out and goes into danger alert. and while i know that its probably nothing to worry about theres this little part of me that just wont believe it and unfortunately that little part is so convincing and i end up believing it. it's all so confusing. argghhh seriously if i had known it was going to get to this point i would have started treatment from the very beginning instead of suffering through it day by day. of course for the first 2 years i had no idea what it was. hating this!

sharacel91
05-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Anxiety can cause heart burn and stomach problems and this usually happens after you've eaten maybe try rennie or gavascon or some med to help it. I used to get worried about the pain after I eat then I discovered it was heart burn now I take something for it and it helps!