PDA

View Full Version : NEED SUPPORT NOW! Please!!!

smoore
05-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Ok I'm about to take my new medication for the first time..ugh!! I'm scared shitless. Not going to lie! Anyway it's vibrid and I'm afraid of any type of side effects :( I'm freaking out and thinking of not taking it. Please help!!

Judie
05-27-2013, 10:37 PM
S'more, you will be fine. What is vibrio exactly, an antidepressant ? I am not familiar with it. What are you afraid will happen ?

Judie
05-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Ok I'm about to take my new medication for the first time..ugh!! I'm scared shitless. Not going to lie! Anyway it's vibrid and I'm afraid of any type of side effects :( I'm freaking out and thinking of not taking it. Please help!!
Ok Vibryd is an antidepressant , an SSRI, what has you scaredv?

smoore
05-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Reading the side effects online can apparently do anything to you!! Not sure what I'm afraid of I just don't want to feel weird or out of my head more than I already do :(

Judie
05-27-2013, 10:51 PM

Ok Smore, you seem to have gone and aren't on the Forum anymore ( hopefully getting some rest ) Vibryd is an antidepressant (SSRI) . These all have some mild side effects but that is very common and usually short lived ( lasting about two weeks ) Some people don't have any side effects at all. Please don't go into it with a negative mindset. I believe in power of suggestion , if we know side effects we begin to believe we have them and God knows us Anxiety People have a hard enough time with imagining negative things about health. Be Well. Your DR wouldn't have given you this if he didn't feel it would help.

Judie
05-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Reading the side effects online can apparently do anything to you!! Not sure what I'm afraid of I just don't want to feel weird or out of my head more than I already do :(

I think your body may need a little time to adjust and the SSRIs take a little time to work but trust me you will be pleasantly surprised to see how good you will feel in as little as two weeks ok. Don't be afraid, they are not mind altering in any way. They work by boosting your Serotonin levels. Serotonin are your feel good chemicals in your brain. When we get depressed those levels are simply to low that's all.

smoore
05-28-2013, 06:59 AM
Thank you so much for the support. Was freaked out so bad last night about taking it. Maybe tonight I can take it with it taking up to 2 hours to get the courage to do it :/

Judie
05-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Thank you so much for the support. Was freaked out so bad last night about taking it. Maybe tonight I can take it with it taking up to 2 hours to get the courage to do it :/

I think you will be fine. Lots of side effects that people "think" they are having is actually the anxiety still playing games. Sometimes you just have to ride that body medicine adjustment out. I don't remember ever having any side effect that were
remotely close to the symptoms of anxiety. Be Well.

smoore
05-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks again maybe I should take it during the day? What do you think

missmello
05-28-2013, 11:04 AM
I was prescribed Zoloft a while back I think it was 50mg, and it did not agree with me so I stopped taking it after 2 days. Told my Dr. how it affected me and he said I could cut the pill in half and do that for a few days, then work my way up to taking the whole pill. It's like slowly introducing the medication to your body.

So you can most definitely cut the pill in half if you're scared. See how it affects you and go from there, just dont increase your dose too fast either

locksey
05-28-2013, 04:04 PM
I try and not read side affects on any tablet / medicine as just like google they tell u the worst and then u freak out or u wrk yrself up sooo much u start to have the side affects

locksey
05-28-2013, 04:06 PM
P.s... I take my tabs wen I go to bed ... I've now weaned myself off them and only take if I not feeling to great or I rent bet to take them ... I'm on two lots ... No side affects frm either

Judie
05-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Thanks again maybe I should take it during the day? What do you think

Well that might be a good idea if there is a side effect of insomnia ( hard to sleep, sometimes especially initially they can do that ) I had an opposite effect and was tired and took at night, I wasn't however on Vibryd. I think you need sleep when battling anxiety so yes maybe morning would be best and see how that works for you. Be Well !

Stephj526
05-28-2013, 10:20 PM
I just started to take Lexapro, a different SSRI. Like you, I have incredible anxiety over side effects of medicine. I'm so sensitive to medicine, I'm always nervous when I start something new. The meds gave me a jittery feeling for the first hour, but then was all better after that. I take them around lunch time because they make me pretty awake, but some people do better when they sleep through it. You may have to play with it a bit. Just remember, it takes 2-4 weeks to really get into your system, closer to 4. So be patient. I hope you feel better soon!