PDA

View Full Version : I feel so alone

GeneralWorrier
05-27-2013, 03:49 AM
I'm 17 and suffered high anxiety for 2 years.

I don't know why but I feel so alone and down just recently, there was a couple of people who I used to message a few weeks ago but after a few days their reply time would get longer and once I'd helped them or answered their questions that was it. I wouldn't see another message.

I just don't know what to do anymore, I keep asking myself why is it me that has this? I'm 17 I should be looking forward to going to Uni and exploring my future but instead I'm worried about the whole thing :( I really hate my life and how I have to go about everything and no matter how much I try and tell my mum so she understands she never does, she just doesn't understand it no matter how much explain.

I just feel like I'm in my own little bubble that I'm never going to be able to get out of. I have no one to talk to who understands so I thought I'd post on here to see if anyone else feels the same way, it sucks :(

missmello
05-27-2013, 06:39 AM
Try to be positive. I'm sure you don't hate your life, you're probably just unhappy with the way you handle things?

I read a quote somewhere once that said something like life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. You need to change your thinking. It may be hard, but you can't expect to solve your problems with the same thinking you used to create them, know what I mean? It was negative thinking that got you here, and its positive thinking that will get you out of it.

Are you actively taking any steps to make yourself feel better? Seeing a therapist? On meds? Exercising? Anything? You need to get up and fight, be active, and show your anxiety who's boss! These things don't go away over night though so be patient, but you will eventually get better.

GeneralWorrier
05-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Try to be positive. I'm sure you don't hate your life, you're probably just unhappy with the way you handle things?

I read a quote somewhere once that said something like life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. You need to change your thinking. It may be hard, but you can't expect to solve your problems with the same thinking you used to create them, know what I mean? It was negative thinking that got you here, and its positive thinking that will get you out of it.

Are you actively taking any steps to make yourself feel better? Seeing a therapist? On meds? Exercising? Anything? You need to get up and fight, be active, and show your anxiety who's boss! These things don't go away over night though so be patient, but you will eventually get better.

Yeah I didn't mean it completely towards hating my life, I just hate how I'm not normal, I wish I could be like any other 17 year old and I've tried for so long to do that and change the way I am but nothing's worked. I am a very active person anyway, I love exercise and being active. From next week I've asked one of my friends if he wanted to take up badminton 3-4 times a week at the leisure centre and he said he'd love to so hopefully that will help me a little more.

I'm very rarely negative, I don't know why I am being now to be honest, I just feel like no one understands.

Cobra
05-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Unless they've had anxiety, they're not going to understand. It's just like a non diabetic trying to understand what it's like being a diabetic. You can try to imagine, but its just not the same. I take solace from the fact that this condition is manageable and that I can get over it someday so long as I do not feed into it with worry and frustration and self pity. Sounds like you have a good handle on it except for a lack of understanding. Just come here to talk about your anxiety related issues.