PDA

View Full Version : Trust issues!??

jessy
05-26-2013, 02:52 AM
Anyone else find it incredibly hard to trust people , through anxiety & depression ????

scared44
05-26-2013, 04:46 AM
Hi Jessy I dont trust anyone either as I've been hurt to many times! I know how you feel :)

Kevcules
05-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Anyone else find it incredibly hard to trust people , through anxiety & depression ????

YES.....of course! That's one of the worst things that this stuff does to your brain. That's how the cycle continues. You think about things over an over and get your body all worked up and so on and so on. There are people you can totally trust, find them! :)

Take Care!

Judie
05-26-2013, 08:45 PM
YES.....of course! That's one of the worst things that this stuff does to your brain. That's how the cycle continues. You think about things over an over and get your body all worked up and so on and so on. There are people you can totally trust, find them! :)

Take Care!

Once trust has been broken it takes a long time and a lot of hard work to repair. After you bandage a wound, you are hesitant to take the bandage off and risk exposing the wound.

alankay
05-27-2013, 07:40 AM
We tend to be highly sensitve/oversensitive and it helps to recognize this. Alankay

mid
05-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Finding trust in ourselves is the first step in helping us to be comfortable with our level of trust. I'm learning that what is considered sensitive or out of normal range in some situations is actually my trusting my level of comfort first. Once I recognize the level of sensitivity, I go through the motions of what is working where when. As Alankay mentions, once you recognize your ability to sensations being more aware does help.

Kevcules
05-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Right......Alankay said it well!
I find it hard to trust people too but I do. Even though I tend to question their trust sometimes, but after talking with them , it confirms my first belief, I trust them. Because of our condition , we have to be constantly re-assured and it sucks! This depression and anxiety makes you believe , or makes you "want" to believe no one is trustworthy......you are wrong! Once your head gets better, you will see that...

Take care...

Lin
05-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Trust is very easy to lose when you are depressed because one person only has to show signs of breaking your trust and you can easily become paranoid about other people too. Sometimes it is right not to trust someone because mental health still holds a stigma and can be used against you badly and quite wrongly. But it is difficult not to realise that this wrong might just be coming from one person and that you are allowing it to cloud your judgement of others. Not easy to trust at all and a good idea is to find the people you can trust at the moment and stick with them until you are strong enough to handle those you distrust. If they are good friends and it is just your illness making you distrust then at present, they will be there as friends again in the future when you feel able to be with then and trust them again.