PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about non-responses.

Yanni
05-25-2013, 04:27 PM
So I recently hung out with one of my friends of the opposite sex at my house. Long story short, we ended up kissing and the next day she came over again and we cuddled and kissed again. We did some other stuff too.
Anyway, today we've texted only a couple times, but she hasn't responded to my texts recently. I'm really worried that I did something wrong. I messaged her and asked her, but she hasn't responded. I'm freaked that she's ignorign me for some reason and that I may have screwed up.
How can I overcome this feeling of worry about me messing something up?

manz82
05-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Short answer - you can't.

Sorry to be so blunt, but there you have it.
Are you suffering with anxiety?
Anxiety can heighten everything, including emotions.
My advice would be to wait and see if she texts you. If she doesn't, you have your answer. If she does, don't text her back for at least a day and see how she likes it. Ha. X

Yanni
05-25-2013, 04:48 PM
I have previously had issues with anxiety, but it's been pretty under control lately until this stuff.

krayziee
05-25-2013, 04:59 PM
This is anxiety and a bad self confidence if you ask me. Just wait and see if she doesn't answer she is not worth the nice sensitive guy you are.

Yanni
05-25-2013, 05:12 PM
I don't think I have bad self confidence... I think it might just be situations with girls that tilts me out a bit.

krayziee
05-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Still i believe that counts as confidence with Girls in this case. Have/had the same thing bro.. But sorry if I dropped to conclusions too quickly but I could not see what else caused it. Also anxiety causes you to grip onto anything that feels good at the time and can get you big disapointments.

Yanni
05-25-2013, 05:17 PM
nah, not a problem man. I've noticed that about my anxiety... I do sort of attach to things that make me happy quickly (lead to some drug abuse in the past.)

Yanni
05-25-2013, 05:28 PM
so good news: her friend texted me and said she gets awful reception and as far as she knew stuf fwas fine.
load off of my chest for right now.
anxiety, eh?