PDA

View Full Version : Safer way to get relief from stress.

andrila
08-16-2007, 11:31 PM
I have dropped my career as a graphic designer after my husband has been transferred to Boston who is a corporate executive. The situation changed when John lost his job in a corporate reorganization. My children are in high school now and they can take care of themselves. I would really love to start my job again and I think it would be financially sensible. My husband does not agree with me and this is causing stress in my family life. He has starting taking a few medicines without a physician’s consultation. Can anyone suggest a better and safe way? All tips and suggestions are welcome.

dorigen
08-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Medication without therapy is not always the best route. I'm sorry you are dealing with this situation! The corporate world stinks! :(

Anyways, as a guy it would probably be harder to suggest therapy compared to a woman (my gut feel), but you could always try. Also, a great way to get help is to read some self-help books on stress/anxiety.

He probably feels that his ability to provide to his family is being threatened. That can be tough as a man. It could be that as soon as he is back on his feet and stabalized, he will just come out of it.

As for you wanting to work, you really should have that option if you want it. This shouldn't be ignored and you guys are going to have to talk it out. Again, therapy might be a good place to talk if you are having trouble having a normal discussion at home.

Good luck!

hectormark
08-19-2007, 09:55 PM
It’s nice of you, thinking of starting your career again to help your husband keeping in view of the current situation. Well taking medicines without a physician’s consultation is not good. I think he better opt for stress relief patches which could be available from theramood dot com. They have a calming effect and safe. Hope this would help you